The Warm Up Stakes traditionally gives horses and riders at the London International Horse Show a chance to limber up and iron out any problems. But a speedy, foot-perfect clear round from France’s Simon Delestre and Multimed Marokko showed they are already on top form. The pair completed the twisty course in an impressive 48.04 sec to take the £600 first prize, ahead of Franke Sloothaak and No Time from Germany, on a score of 48.46 sec.
Britain has also started with determination at Olympia; no less than four British riders finished within the top 10. Mark Armstrong and Rex took third place, finishing just 0.40 sec behind Sloothaak. John Whitaker’s ride Casino, who was substituted for the injured Peppermill a few days ago, proved his capabilities by jumping clear in 49.86 sec to take fourth place.
1. Simon Delestre Multimed Marokko (France)
2. Franke Sloothaak No Time (Germany)
3. Mark Armstrong (Rex)
4. John Whitaker Casino (Britain)
5. Alois Pollmann-Schweckhorst (Germany)
6. Angelique Hoorn Scotch (Netherlands)
7. Paul Barker Blue Chip Quinton (Britain)
8. Peder Fredricson Lavito (Sweden)
9. Robert Whitaker Lacroix 9 (Britain)
10. Eric Van der Vleuten Audi’s Paloma (Netherlands)