In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 11 December, we bring you the Olympia Horse Show preview including H&H’s guide to what makes a great puissance horse, plus an interview with the inspirational Claire Lomas. We also ask ‘how do horses react to music?’ You can also enjoy all the news and reports, including dressage from Vale View and hunting from the Kimblewick, from the last week plus racing from Sandown and much more.
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 11 December 2014
- How to jump a puissance: What other traits — aside from power and scope — make a winning horse?
- Twelve highlights of Olympia: Our countdown of action not to be missed at this year’s Christmas show
- Hunt heroes: Ten-year-old mare Gracey — the result of a lucky breeding experiment
- A winning mindset: What makes a winner and can anyone become one?
- H&H interview: We talk to the inspirational Claire Lomas about fundraising and finding a possible cure
- Dressage: Cobham Manor, Vale View and highlights
- Dressage: Pammy Hutton comment
- Showjumping: Global focus: Gucci Masters
- Showjumping: Arena UK and round-ups
- Showjumping: Graham Fletcher comment
- Showing: Royal Welsh and British National Foal of the Year
- Hunting: Kimblewick and Royal Wessex Yeomany Ride
- Hunting life
- Hunting: Andrew Sallis comment
- Racing: Sandown and Aintree
- Point-to-point: Barbury and Jacqueline Coward comment
- The Dujardin effect: vote for Charlotte for SPOTY
- Is indoor eventing unsafe?
- Warning: don’t underinsure
- Letters: Have your say
- Ask H&H: How do horses react to music?
- Vet clinic: Winter management: skin problems
- Subscription offer: sign up today for huge savings
- The moment: Laura Renwick
- Horses for sale: new on the market this week
Get your magazine today