The H&H reader issue is back! After the success of last year when we featured more than 60 readers across 20 pages, we are again looking for your stories and pictures to feature in the magazine on 19 December.
And as last year, we will be asking you to choose our cover star. Click here to vote for your horse of the year — who will be on the cover of the issue — as well as your rider of 2013 and more.
Inside the magazine, it’s all about you — have you achieved a personal first in 2013? Beaten the odds? Brought on a new horse? Full details of all the categories and details of how to submit your story are below. We are also seeking funny videos and fantastic photos.
The best entries will win free subscriptions to H&H and we will also be doing “at home” photoshoots with some contributors.
- Personal firsts: have you achieved something for the first time in 2013? Breeding a foal, competing affiliated, winning a class, becoming a judge? Or did your Riding Club, Pony Club branch or other group hold its first charity event?
- Beating the odds: have you as a rider, or your horse, returned from illness or injury in 2013? How did you do it? What did you learn from the experience?
- New horse diary: did you acquire a new equine in 2013? We are looking for short, month-by-month diaries of the highs and lows.
- Your best picture of the year: it could be funny, beautiful or just tell a wonderful story. Tell us why it’s special.
- Your best “The Finest View in Europe” picture of the year, with apologies to Snaffles: yes, you’ve all seen them on social media. We want your best “through the ears” shot of 2013 — tell us where you took it and who the ears belong to.
- Videos: a new category this year, we’re looking for your funniest videos of the year to feature on our website. Think “You’ve been framed!” — but obviously with an equine (or perhaps canine) twist.
How to enter
- Entries must be submitted to Pippa Roome at email@example.com
- Deadline: midnight, Thursday 31 October
- Please include a contact telephone number
- Submissions should not exceed 500 words and may be edited for clarity and space
- If your words are on a word document instead of in the body of the email, please include your name and email address on the word document
- Attach photos to the email — do not embed them in a word document or the email body
- Include details of who took photos
- Videos should be uploaded to youtube and the link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The video must be your own — do not submit videos you have found on youtube which you did not shoot yourself