- Sue Carson Saddles is the new sponsor for the U-18 section of British Eventing’s (BE) new on-line regional training and education programme.The U-18 training and education programme is at the heart of advancing the personal development of youth riders in the UK.
The internet booking system is open to everyone involved in BE events – riders, coaches, officials and volunteers, with the schedule of high quality courses being delivered locally by BE accredited coaches.
Company founder and director Sue Carson said: “My hope is that our association with British Eventing will grow in the same way as it has with dressage.”
- Petplan Equine is to continue its support of the country’s foremost competition series for amateur dressage riders, the area festivals, for a 13th year as title sponsor.The Petplan Equine Area Festivals run from August to October and culminate in a final at the British Dressage Winter Championships.
Held at 17 venues throughout the UK The Petplan Equine Area Festivals attract around 3,000 amateur dressage riders and give them the chance to compete in top class arenas and experience true championship conditions.
Qualifiers for the 2013 Petplan Equine Area Festivals kick off at Weston Lawns in Warwicks from 18-19 August 2012.
And the finals will be held alongside the British Dressage Winter Championships at Hartpury College in April 2013.
- Grooms and riders will be travelling around the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials in Harry Hall branded buggies this year.The clothing brand is the official supporter of the competitors and grooms buggy service at this year’s horse trials (3-7 May).
Spectators will also be able to buy Harry Hall, Caldene, Masta, Cottage Craft and The Riding Sock Company from the company’s stand at the event.
- Equisafety has sponsored the Norfolk Constabulary by kitting four rural special officers and their mounts with its POLITE range.The cost of funding the horses’ equipment and uniform is around £600 per horse.
The word POLITE has been changed for the word Police on the items and the Norfolk logo has been added.
Nicola Fletcher, MD of Equisafety said: “I was thrilled when I was contacted by World Horse Welfare’s field officer, and former police officer, “Jacko” Jackson, who told me about this exciting initiative, and was pleased to offer sponsorship, in the form of clothing, to the riders.”
- Showjumper Guy Williams has joined Team Haygain.Haygain steamers are a scientifically-proven range that produce palatable, dust-free hay, helping maintain a healthy respiratory system to enhance performance.
Guy said: “Haygain has proved revolutionary to my top horses’ feeding habits and condition.
“This is one of the top accessories on my yard and now something I cannot live without!”
Brian Fillery, of Haygain said: “We are delighted to be supporting such a talented and well-established rider as Guy. He is an excellent ambassador for Haygain.”
determined to provide the highest quality forage for his horses.”
- Matchmakers, which owns some of the best-known brands in the equine industry, has signed up to sponsor the Caldene arena at Horse of the Year Show until 2015.Matchmakers has supported the show since 2004, sponsoring the showing arena and becoming the official rug supplier under its Masta brand.
Richard Lawrence of Matchmakers said: “We are thrilled to have signed a new agreement to continue our association with the Caldene Arena.
“HOYS is truly incredible and we are committed to supporting the show and its success in the future.”
This year’s HOYS runs from 3-7 October.
- Rug brand Bucas is to sponsor dressage rider Charlotte Dujardin and eventer Mary King.Charlotte said: “I’m thrilled to receive this sponsorship from Bucas. I know they develop all of their products with the well-being of the horses in mind. Their attention to detail and quality far exceeds any other rug brand I’ve come across.”
And Mary added: “I am a big fan of Bucas products and having my horses warm, dry and comfortable is a big bonus. For a busy yard like ours, we appreciate the technical qualities their rugs offer.”
Simon Middleton distributor of Bucas rugs for the UK, who arranged this sponsorship said: “These two ladies are a perfect fit for the Bucas brand. We are delighted to be working with them in what we hope to be a successful 2012 for the pair of them.
- Old Court Saddlery and Airowear are sponsoring a new five leg CNC1* Eventing Ireland class to be run from April to July 2012 (one leg in each region), starting at Gurteen College on 1 April.The winner of each leg, in addition to the normal prize money, will receive a cross-country shirt and hat cover in their own colours from Old Court Saddlery.
And the overall winner of the league will receive an Airowear bespoke body protector in their cross-country colours.
- Five-year-old Ellie Blamey, a member of Spooners & West Devon Hunt branch of the Pony Club and her six-year-old homebred Shetland pony “Collytown Free Spirit” is being sponsored by Equus Farriery practice.Ellie and “Spirit” had a fantastic 2011 showing season in their first year together under saddle – qualifying for The Royal London, Equifest M&M Championships, BSPS Bright Stars Performance Supreme, SWPA Championships and DCHPA Championship Show.
They ended the year by topping a National Shetland Pony Showing League for best lead rein pony.
- Probiotics International Ltd, makers of the Protexin Equine Premium range, is supporting their local Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) group at Avon Riding Centre.It has presented the group with a donation of more than £500 worth of products aimed at providing immune support and promoting gut health in the group’s horses and ponies.
Avon Riding Centre offers riding lessons for therapy, enjoyment and achievement to riders with a wide range of physical disabilities and learning difficulties.
It has 19 horses and ponies that are used for RDA group lessons.
Jonathan Nelson of Protexin said: “We have always admired the work of the RDA and are very pleased to be able to support such an important charity.
“The horses work hard and can now be rewarded with our supplements, for a healthy active life.”
- The Ideal Saddle Company has signed event rider Casey Parker to its team of three sponsored riders.Casey, who is based near Norwich, is a full-time event rider with seven horses to compete this season.
She has used Ideal saddles for several years and currently uses the Impala, the Impala Professional, Tonishia and Jessica.
She said: “I am delighted to have this support from Ideal Saddles and am looking forward to working with them in the season ahead.”