Tagg Equestrian is sponsoring young showing rider Georgia Darlington from Surrey for the 2012 season.Twelve-year-old Georgia has been competing successfully since the age of five, when she qualified for Horse of the Year Show (HOYS) in the M&M lead rein class.Last year she won the M&M junior riders at the Royal International Horse Show (RIHS) and the British Show Pony Society (BSPS) summer championships, was reserve mini champion at the Hickstead Derby and champion working hunter pony at Equifest – all with her pony Wortley Celebration, who was crowned pony personality of the year by the BSPS.
Georgia also rides for Debbie Thomas and Julie Barton, Team Harvey and the Jagos.
- The Ideal Saddle Company has signed event rider, Casey Parker, to its team of three sponsored riders.Casey, who is based near Norwich, is now a full-time event rider with seven horses to compete this season.Casey’s top ride this season is a new horse – Chataigne Filice or “Red” – owned by Vivien and Bob Jupp.
The 20-year-old has used Ideal saddles for several years and currently uses the Impala, the Impala Professional, Tonishia and Jessica.
Casey said: “I am delighted to have this support from Ideal Saddles and am looking forward to working with them in the season ahead. “
Saracen Horse Feeds has added dressage star Charlotte Dujardin to its team of sponsored riders.A strong contender for the Olympics this summer, Charlotte currently ranks fifth in the World individual dressage rankings.Saracen Horse Feeds has sponsored Charlotte’s trainer and team mate Carl Hester, who is second in the World rankings, since 2004 supplying the feed for all the horses at their yard.
Charlotte said: “I am thrilled that Saracen Horse Feeds is supporting my team of horses.
“It’s always been fed at Carl’s since I have known him and the horses are all on top form – the results we have had speak for themselves.”
- British Showjumping is pleased to announce that Pink Equine, a supplier of the highest quality matching bridle work and equestrian horse tack, will be continuing its sponsorship of the British Showjumping Stepping Stones Championship Series into 2012.The Stepping Stones 128 cms and 138 cms Championships will once again be held at the Cushionbed British Showjumping Scope Festival at Stafford County Showground (26 August-1 September).Pink Equine has supported the championship series since it began in 2009 with products for prizes.
And took on title sponsorship of the series last year.
Denise Field of Pink Equine said: “We have always supported the Stepping Stones Championship Series and when we heard last year that the series was to have a final at the Festival, we didn’t think twice about becoming the title sponsors.”
Eventing Ireland has a new sponsor for the O/CNC2* class – the air jacket company HitAir.HitAir is sponsoring a five-leg series, which starts at Tyrella 1 on 7 April.It will be supplying additional prizes at the end of each leg and the overall series winner will receive a HitAir Vest worth â‚¬495 plus rug and saddle cloth.
Rachel Faulkner of Hit Air said: “Our vests are worn by many Irish riders competing at national and international level and it is great to be able to give something back to the sport.”
- Horseware will continue to sponsor the Association of Irish Riding Clubs’ (AIRC) team showjumping championship for a third successive year.The popular series saw almost 150 teams take part in eight regional qualifiers last year, culminating in a final at the Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show in August.Tom MacGuinness of Horseware said, “We’re delighted to be involved with the AIRC team showjumping championship once again this year. It’s always a great competition and it’s something I would like to become involved in as a rider myself.”
- Tredstep Ireland, a producer of high quality leggings, boots and accessories, is to sponsor Eventing Ireland’s popular Tredstep CNCJ1* Series for a fourth successive year.In addition to the normal prize money, the winner of each of the 10 qualifiers will win a Tredstep voucher worth â‚¬100 to be redeemed against the Tredstep Pro-gaitor chaps.And the overall series winner will receive a Tredstep makeover, worth over â‚¬600, which will include Tredstep Tall Boots
- Connolly’s RED MILLS is renewing its sponsorship of the AIRC hunter trials championships and adding the showjumping and dressage championships to its sponsorship portfolio for the first time.The Goresbridge-based animal feed company is one the AIRC’s main supporters having previously supported the Masters Series.AIRC chairman Tony Ennis said: “I hope our members will continue to support Connolly’s RED MILLS whenever they can.”
Equissage has announced sponsorship of amateur jockey Jody Sole.Jody’s season has already got off to a flying start with three placings at Sandown Park in the Military Meeting, riding for champion trainer Paul Nicholls.A full time equestrian dental technician, Jody also runs his own business – JS Equestrian.
Jody said: “Having suffered injuries myself – including two shoulder surgeries from racing incidents and two hand surgeries after being hit by a car whilst out riding – and having seen minor and major injuries to horses in all equine sports, especially racing, I am pleased to be working with and to be associated with Niagara Equissage.
“I hope to raise awareness of the amazing difference the Equissage can make, not only to help relax muscles on the horse but to also help increase blood flow and thus aid with the healing process.”
- Wood recycling firm R Plevin & Sons has secured a deal as the exclusive supplier to several prestigious equestrian competitions.â€¨â€¨The company will supply its Woodpecker bedding to the SPC Burnham Market International three-day-event (5-7 April) and the Subaru Houghton International (24-27 May).Through its Snowflake brand, Plevin sponsors British showjumper Ben Maher.
It also recently announced a sponsorship deal to supply Woodpecker equestrian bedding to three-day-eventer Matthew Wright.