In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 30 January, don’t miss our ‘Bloodstock special’, including a Dawn Approach feature, new stallion guide 2014 and more. Also read our feature on the four-beat canter — is it a problem or progress? Plus read all the news and reports from the week.
- Download digital magazine on iPad
- Download digital magazine on other devices
- Subscribe to the paper magazine
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 30 January 2014
- Dawn Approach: Sheikh Mohammed’s breeding operation welcomes its hot newcomer to Darley
- Breeding for success: does covering the best mares with the best stallions explain record prices at auction?
- UK stud industry: H&H finds out how the smaller studs make their businesses a success
- New stallion guide 2014: we take a look at the brightest recruits to the breeding sheds
- Hunt heroes: Tom Firr from the Exmoor loathes pigs, kicks and bites, but it’s hard to find a tougher horse
- The future of canter: H&H asks if the four-beat canter is considered a problem or progress?
- Racing: Cheltenham, Doncaster and Leopardstown
- Racing comment: Brough Scott
- Hunting: Thurlow and Bedale
- Point-to-point: Larkhill, Higham, Jedforest and more
- Point-to-point comment: Jacqueline Coward
- Dressage: Merrist Wood, The Cabin and highlights
- Foreign show in focus: Zurich
- Showjumping: Addington, Solihull, Hand and more
- Showjumping comment: William Funnell
- Brits abroad: showjumping and dressage
- How British showjumping came to dominate the world again
- Why Qatar is the new superpower in horse sport
- Tweseldown sees off closure by environmental group
- Letters: have your say
- Ask H&H: how do I find the perfect fit of saddle?
- Subscription offer: sign up today for huge savings
- The moment: Natasha Baker
- Horses for sale: new on the market this week
Get your magazine today