- Dressage rider Hannah Biggs has bagged a new sponsor — Empire Coachbuilders Ltd.Hannah is currently having her horsebox made by the company.
She said: “To finally have my own bespoke lorry to cater for all my top requirements to travel world class horses around the UK and Europe is beyond my wildest dreams!
“I will be so proud to be driving an Empire horsebox and I’m sure myself and my horses will arrive to events in 2013 safe, happy and of course in style!”
- Riding hat specialist Charles Owen & Co will sponsor the horse demonstration and seminar arena at BETA International 2013 and will hold product displays and retailer information sessions.“The most successful retailers are those keen to learn how they can improve their business,” said Charles Owen managing director Roy Burek.
“The Charles Owen Learning Centre @ the Horse Demonstration & Seminar Arena presents a prime educational opportunity for members of the equestrian trade to discover more about the products they sell in their shops.
“Charles Owen is very excited to support this important initiative from BETA International.”
Charles Owen has exhibited at the trade fair for more than 20 years.
BETA International is the leading trade fair for the equestrian, pet products and country clothing markets.
The 2013 show will take place at the NEC, Birmingham, from 17 to 19 February.
For further information or to book a stand, contact James Palmer, telephone 01937 582111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charles Owen will also continue to sponsor the British Eventing pony team and pony programme in 2013.This programme is the development structure for British riders aged between their 12th and 16th birthdays riding ponies between 142cm and 148cm.
The renewed sponsorship includes title sponsorship of the pony trials classes which form part of the selection process for European team selection, in addition to the National Pony Champs at Brand Hall and the Pony Three Day event at the KBIS Festival of Youth at Weston Park in October.
Pony chef d’equip Sarah Hancox said: “The continued sponsorship is great news not only for the riders but everyone involved in the British pony programme.
“The support means that we have extra resources available for training our riders and allows us to deliver a high standard of development for future British stars.”
- William Hill has announced a new three-year deal with Kempton Park, securing it as the headline sponsor of the Winter Festival until 2015.The company will also increase its funding for the two-day meeting, by more than 15%.
From 2013 the additional money will boost and upgrade two of the handicaps on the second day of the fixture, with significant prize-money increases for both the three-mile handicap chase and two-mile handicap hurdle.
Ralph Topping of William Hill, said, “This message reaffirms our long term commitment to one of the jewels of the National Hunt Season.
“The William Hill Winter Festival, featuring the King George, is now firmly established as the major sporting event of the Christmas period.’’
- Dodson & Horrell will sponsor the British Showjumping National Amateur and Veteran Championships 2013 — second year of title sponsorship of this series.The 2013 finals will be held during November or December and the venue will be announced shortly.
Annalise Kerr of Dodson & Horrell said: “We are delighted to continue our partnership with British Showjumping and wish all competitors in next year’s championships, the best of luck.”
- Houghton International Horse Trials is searching for a new sponsor after six-year partnership with Subaru (UK) Ltd comes to an end later this month.Houghton is run by Alec Lochore, who was eventing manager at the London 2012 Olympics.
He said: “We are extremely grateful for the support we have had from Subaru UK over the past six years.
“Title sponsorship of an event of this kind is a rare opportunity to gain immense exposure to the countryside and equestrian market.
“Admittedly it is late in the year, but we are hopeful of finding a new title sponsor for 2013 onwards.”
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities, contact Alec Lochore on 01485 210070 or 07710 518835.