Default gut nutrition formula

My horse has a really wet bum and a very sensitive stomach (it is suspected that he has gastric ulcers) and i find that this gut nutrition formula really helps however, its really expensive and works out at 170 a tub. Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper or find something else that works just as well. Really would appreciate some help. thanx

Default Re: gut nutrition formula

Have you tried Pink Powders yet? What's his normal diet and lifestyle to cause this?

Has a vet seen him or recommended anything. That price is exortional (spl) btw!!
    Pat. Be a pauper - have a horse, preferably a British one

Deleted by popular demand.

Veteran

From my experience I'd strongly recommend Equine America's U-Gard Plus, still not cheap at 60 a tub but a lot better than 170!

Veteran

Change your feed to Simple Systems! Look at their website, it is great for horses with gut problems!

Protexin acti soothe is especially for horses with acid/ulcers. A 10kg tub is about 75. Works great.

Pink Powder all the way!

Old nag

May I suggest trying the simple system method of feeding and I have also had great success with feeding pro-bio from equimins to encourage the gut to settle and work as it should.

Pro-bio made a huge difference to my TB mare and my chaps have never looked better since changing to SS.
    Life is short, enjoy it to the full with large hairy horses.

Veteran

Pink Powder is fantastic stuff :-)
    I've heard good reports about SS too .

havent tried pink powders. May give it a go. He usually has a scoop of chaff and a few pony nuts twice daily n a scoop of alfa a at night. I dont give him any fruit or veg as they have a lot of sugar in them and make stomach more acidic. Vet has advised me what to do but i darent get him scoped cos hes such a stressy horse. Thanks for your help.

Pink powder is a mineral supplement based on a yeast and not a product designed to have any effect on gastric ulcers at all.

I can supply Alltech Yea-Sacc to settle the hindgut and have a very pure liquid antacid for the stomach on special offer at the moment at 30.00 for one gallon.

Email me on 2007@MetabolicHorse.co.uk if you'd like any info.

Jackie