Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rev Limiter on Ford Iveco 7.5

I have a 2001 Iveco 75e15 with 5 gears. Cruises on motorway at 58mph with other limited lorries loaded with 2 horses. Empty it will go faster (cough-had to have a go.....).
    Definitely something not right

Have made a call, sounds like my hunch was right and it may be an ECU problem....

Probably 200 to 300 s'hand, or less if you send it off to be fixed.

Even if it's an engine, a decent 2nd hand one should be about 1000 plus fitting...

So go find a garage! 40mph is just too slow to be safe.

PS Nothing like a 2001 unlimited wagon! Mine does 60 @ 1800 revs and (I am TOLD) will do 80 (without a horse on board, obv)
    Last edited by turnbuckle; 16-04-18 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
    Have made a call, sounds like my hunch was right and it may be an ECU problem....

Probably 200 to 300 s'hand, or less if you send it off to be fixed.

Even if it's an engine, a decent 2nd hand one should be about 1000 plus fitting...

So go find a garage! 40mph is just too slow to be safe.

PS Nothing like a 2001 unlimited wagon! Mine does 60 @ 1800 revs and (I am TOLD) will do 80 (without a horse on board, obv)
    EEEEEEEKKKKKK!

Just spent 700 on it getting various things done with the belts as they were knackered! Wonder if it is all linked?! I now have it booked in for early June. Will it be OK until then?

Oh dear I thought I was being cheering!

No, belts won't be linked.

It shouldn't get worse. But if it is the ECU you never know. Might be a little sensor if you are lucky.

One upside is you may well get much better MPG once fixed.

Happy to help you find a decent local garage, it's a an odd talent I have! pm me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
    Oh dear I thought I was being cheering!

No, belts won't be linked.

It shouldn't get worse. But if it is the ECU you never know. Might be a little sensor if you are lucky.

One upside is you may well get much better MPG once fixed.

Happy to help you find a decent local garage, it's a an odd talent I have! pm me if you want.
    Thanks turnbuckle, I have done just that!

Sport horse

I had an issue with my last lorry which had the limiter on it, I would get to about 48/50 and then it would not go any faster...that was an issue with the turbo, I think mine was picked up by doing a diagnostic check

Sport horse

Get the fuel system checked out ,also check that the calibration seals on the injector pump are intact and that someone hasnt wound the max delivery down for an mot (to reduce smoke).A speed limiter should have no effect , none zilch nada !!! till 56 mph ,up hill ,down dale ,whatever. NO EFFECT! Anything else is a fuel problem.

Thanks guys. I have spoken to the garage who will be doing the plating and they have said they will sort it. I just hope it isn't going to be one of those things that costs a fortune! But that said, I picked lorry up for bargain price, so even if I have to spend a bit on it I probably still couldn't get one as good as that for the money.....