Default Future of Futurity - Thoughts?!

http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-n...m.aspx?id=7471

A fresh start - will be interesting to see if they change the format and how different it will be..

Excellent news it has been taken over by what looks like a good organisation

Veteran

Default Re: Future of Futurity - Thoughts?!

It's being run by an excellent set of people. I hope it returns with some of the niggles fixed and can be a really positive shop window for our British bred youngstock. If it can gain the support of a few more of the breeding 'names' in the country that would help

That’s great news ! Thanks for sharing, I was thinking about this the other day .

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
    It's being run by an excellent set of people. I hope it returns with some of the niggles fixed and can be a really positive shop window for our British bred youngstock. If it can gain the support of a few more of the breeding 'names' in the country that would help
    It will indeed be interesting ,im not sure people will be won over . My immediate reservations would centre around somebody from a major studbook which does not value DNA verification or indeed protection of breeders prefixes at this time added to them having very little regard for the quality of mares used to breed from ,which are the foundation of any breeding program. Just my initial view ,I hope im wrong but will need convincing!

Schoolmaster

Great news and hopefully it will grow and go from strength to strength

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    It will indeed be interesting ,im not sure people will be won over . My immediate reservations would centre around somebody from a major studbook which does not value DNA verification or indeed protection of breeders prefixes at this time added to them having very little regard for the quality of mares used to breed from ,which are the foundation of any breeding program. Just my initial view ,I hope im wrong but will need convincing!
    I would only accept pedigrees backed by DNA parentage testing I have knowledge of reputable breeders making mistakes. If studboks do not accept prefixes then use a suffix. I would only accept performance tested mares parentage tested.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by sywell View Post
    I would only accept pedigrees backed by DNA parentage testing I have knowledge of reputable breeders making mistakes. If studboks do not accept prefixes then use a suffix. I would only accept performance tested mares parentage tested.
    My point was about the make up of the board controlling this now and its relevance to what the futurity is about . Its not a question of accepting prefixes but allowing others to use yours as they dont give a damn and dont recognise the prefix register.