Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Schoolmaster

Default Re: Mothers day weekend plans?

Thanks PF and MP
    I know you are right - and being told it by someone else helps me steel myself to have that conversation.
    Now, can anyone lend me a pair of big girl’s pants?!

Not slacking-multitasking

Any decent RI will not take it personally as they should know how these things work.

At my last yard while F was sound I had the chance to have some lessons with an FBHS, even though we weren't ever going to go out competing much again due to his advancing age it really re-enlightened my love for the flatwork and I learned masses even though I probably only had about 8 lessons total. I'm really pleased I took that opportunity while I had a functioning horse

Quote Originally Posted by DabDab View Post
    Sounds amazing niki. I love the principality stadium. I have tickets for next weekend against France because I think my dad is going to be too poorly still to go with my OH
    Thanks - I am really looking forward to it. I don't think you can beat watching Wales at home for atmosphere. Sorry to hear your Dad is poorly, but hope you enjoy next week - that's going to be quite a match!

Reacher - I agree with the others, definitely do what you want and don't be swayed by your personal loyalties. It's always worth having different sets of eyes on the ground - everyone sees different things and sometimes just a little change in training can make all the difference.

Just a couple of video stills from our lesson this morning. Really pleased with Cassie's attitude today considering she's not done a lot over the past 2 weeks due to the weather. She was a tad bouncy in the canter work, but her concentration levels are so much better these days and she produced some good stuff. She's definitely beginning to understand stretching out at the end of our sessions.

Our blog: Cassie, Cam & Co. - the ups and downs of dabbling in dressage http://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo

Not slacking-multitasking

given the sassyness, pleased with attitude is fab! I love the stretchy pic

Veteran

There really is something about sassy Cassie - she's definitely got 'it'. Beautiful pics

Awww lovely Cassie pics <3

We survived regionals with the usual 64% mid table test... nothing much wrong with it, just not really top notch. Considering how little work she's done in the last week I can't complain at all even if we did get slightly mown down by CDJ in the warm up Onwards and upwards

Cute pic for added value

Beautiful pics of Cassie She really is lovely

I am pretty gutted this weekend as I really wanted to do the Olivia Towers clinic, but can't afford it due to relationship breakdown/resulting financial disaster. That may well become a recurring theme I fear.... so I'm working on the yard on Saturday afternoon and going to see my mum on Sunday Money will be useful, I like working on the yard, and I still get to ride Jensen both days
    Three greyhounds are not enough..... I miss you so much Islay greyhound, always the most beautiful girl in the world

Schoolmaster

Thanks Ester and Nikicb and PapaF and MillieP, your encouragement is appreciated. I was feeling guilty and worried about burning bridges - which hopefully won't happen.
    Hopefully I'll soon be reporting back with progress reports!

Old nag

Had two really good lessons yesterday so our medium debut has now been set for two weeks time.

Fields have finally dried up enough to get the horses out so I gave riding a miss today and let them make the most of the dry weather. They haven’t been out in ages so was pleased to find we were only missing one shoe between them all when they came in.

Nothing special planned for this weekend. The physio is here tomorrow so plan is to work the three that are being seen early so they can go out afterwards.

I’ve got new boy Henry to ride for a bit as dad’s having a bit of a wobble with him - vet suspects he could have ulcers so I’ve got him on my work list until he gets scoped.

Good luck to everyone who’s out competing.
    My veteran had a home for life

I have an eventing clinic this weekend on my older horse, I'm so excited! He's been going so well so far this year so I'm looking forward to building on to that some more.

The young horse had a nice low key outing yesterday arvo, he was very well behaved and is starting to look quite grown up. I just have to get it out of my head he is NOT going to do anything stupid and actually ride him properly.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!