Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mothers day weekend plans?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaverFollis View Post
    Is it Mothers Day this weekend? Ooops.
    Same here - I saw this and had to call my mum to apologise!!!

MP - good luck today! And most of all enjoy

As for us, I'm taking Indio to AM Dressage for their test riding course so I'll see you on Saturday evening MP! I'm looking forward to it, thought it's a bit of a mission as I'm borrowing a 4x4 from one friend and a trailer from my YO to get there. And no accommodation available on site so I'm in a local hotel!

I think Indio will be exhausted by Sunday evening as the weekend consists of a test run-through on Saturday morning, a lesson (with Matt) on Saturday afternoon plus a session watching the playback of your test, lesson (with Justine) on Sunday morning then final test run-through on Sunday afternoon. It should do me the world of good as I'm not great at test riding, I tend to focus too much on training the horse in the test instead of showing us off I think.

Still hibernating here, hats off to all you intrepid people .

Veteran

I have a WH clinic on saturday with a new instructor who I've wanted to try for ages. Not that I'm in to WH but it's a good and safe opportunity to try out lots of different natural fences before our ODE debut later in the spring. Although sat it is due to pish it down so not sure how enjoyable it will be lol change of clothes will be packed and ready to go.

Sat night out with the MIL for dinner

Sunday there is a charity ride I might go to but will decide on the day, will probably end up hacking out at home

Finally get to go and see my pony, she's been away at bootcamp for a couple of weeks and I couldn't got over and visit last weekend due to the snow.

A pretty non exciting weekend really, might just do some polework at home on Saturday as then going to the local point to point. Sunday will do a gallop (read gawky canter) session first thing then heading home to be a dutiful daughter on mother’s day

Resident irriot The Fuzzy Furry's Avatar

Popping over the Twesledown tomorrow, Sat I am doing 1st Trek comp (glad its indoors as current forecast is pants! Sunday - will see what the weather brings

Good luck to those competing - and hope eveeryone has a good time doing various things
    Growing old disgracefully.......VERY disgracefully

Not slacking-multitasking

Quote Originally Posted by DabDab View Post
    Ester - do try to pretend you are more excited to see your mum love that she's scoring him now
    I don't think she minds but will try and do better pretending and I'm the good daughter that's only a few hundred miles away rather than several thousand .

She already has a big box of cathy's chocs (forgotten hho name, pippipony?!) on the way as I wasn't planning on being back, I'm hopeful I might even get to try one this time - she has a thing for the salted caramels!

Schoolmaster

Well, parents are coming over to ours this weekend and we are all going to see a Churchill film. (I think itís the Gary oldman one).
    I have my usual lesson on Saturday.
    We have been having difficulties with our dressage and last weekend I booked a flat work lesson with a new instructor, who is a BD instructor. It went really well, and Iím hoping to have another lesson possibly on Monday. I am a bog standard riding club rider but feel I could learn so much with this instructor- but have a bit of a dilemma as I canít justify regular lessons with 2 instructors and donít want to offend my normal RI.

Ps - has anyone else ever been on this situation? I could do with a kick up the bottom. Iím nearly 50 (aargh), horse is nearly 14 and my window of opportunity to improve my standard of riding is closing.
    Last edited by Reacher; 08-03-18 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Postscript

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Well, parents are coming over to ours this weekend and we are all going to see a Churchill film. (I think it’s the Gary oldman one).
    I have my usual lesson on Saturday.
    We have been having difficulties with our dressage and last weekend I booked a flat work lesson with a new instructor, who is a BD instructor. It went really well, and I’m hoping to have another lesson possibly on Monday. I am a bog standard riding club rider but feel I could learn so much with this instructor- but have a bit of a dilemma as I can’t justify regular lessons with 2 instructors and don’t want to offend my normal RI.

Ps - has anyone else ever been on this situation? I could do with a kick up the bottom. I’m nearly 50 (aargh), horse is nearly 14 and my window of opportunity to improve my standard of riding is closing.
    I've not been in that situation cos I only have lessons with one person and am flat scared of getting lessons with anyone else in case they shout at me. (everyone thinks I'm mad cos my instructor is sometimes unreliable but I'm happy to wait for a lesson with them)...

But if you want lessons with someone else for a while get them if you feel they are helping and it's all gone a bit stale with your current instructor. Just say "I feel some fresh eyes will do us good for the moment, thank you for all your help and I hope we can work together in future. Of course it depends on how grumpy your current instructor is about such things! But if they aren't consistently helping you improve don't hold yourself back out of politeness.

What PF said
    Don't let the opportunity pass you by... we never know what's round the corner so grab every chance with both hands!