Default Competition Yard Full Livery - Surrey/Berks/Bucks

I know that this has been done to death but just in case thereís a hidden gem out there, Iím looking for full livery at a competition yard (preferably an event yard) within 45 miles/1 hour of south west London (Fulham) for my event horse. Ideally somewhere thatís not too big, with an indoor school, hacking and turnout (my horse lives out from March to October). I know itís a lot to ask and if everything else is right Iíll do without the indoor school.

Resident irriot The Fuzzy Furry's Avatar

Default Re: Competition Yard Full Livery - Surrey/Berks/Bucks

I know Thundry Farm had a possible space, down at Elstead and just within your time limit (without any traffic hold ups tho). Easy commute to Munsted and Twesledown etc, they have an indoor and a sj coach on site.
    Not sure what's about along the early M4/M40 corridor route these days.
    Worth looking around Reigate too? Like LMEQ?
    Last edited by The Fuzzy Furry; 06-03-18 at 09:55 PM.
    Growing old disgracefully.......VERY disgracefully

Old nag

Littleton Manor? Pachesham? Woodstock? If you are wedded to the indoor school and turn out then Manor farm? There are so many yards around here it might help to say which you have already rejected?

Hi, thanks for the reply - I had wondered about LMEQ but wasn't sure what the situation is given that it's for sale. I've heard of Thundry Farm so will give them a call too. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Littleton Manor? Pachesham? Woodstock? If you are wedded to the indoor school and turn out then Manor farm? There are so many yards around here it might help to say which you have already rejected?
    Hi thanks for replying. To be honest I've only ever viewed 3 yards - 2 of which I went to and the other (Farley Hall) had a huge wait list so I really don't know the yards in the area at all. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old nag

LMEQ has been for sale for over a year and no progress - it was also for sale as a going concern. Of course that might change but so might many things. It has lovely facilities - but is quite expensive. Otherwise check out Pachesham - more of a BS/BD venue but it has a cross country course and indoor school. Manor Farm has no XC course (and indeed very few if any competitions on site) but does have an indoor school. Or what about Parwood? Indoor and outdoor schools, XC course and Gallops.

There's a yard just off the M4 at Holyport with an indoor, hacking but no 24/7 turnout as far as I know? Will PM you.

Attington Stud is technically Oxfordshire, but its just off the M40 so a quick journey. Great facilities.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    LMEQ has been for sale for over a year and no progress - it was also for sale as a going concern. Of course that might change but so might many things. It has lovely facilities - but is quite expensive. Otherwise check out Pachesham - more of a BS/BD venue but it has a cross country course and indoor school. Manor Farm has no XC course (and indeed very few if any competitions on site) but does have an indoor school. Or what about Parwood? Indoor and outdoor schools, XC course and Gallops.
    LMEQ only offers 1/2 day turnout, and not 24-7 turnout. Pachesham is also 1/2 day and no close off road hacking. How about GBEC?