Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!

Red face New BE80 Championships

Thought people on here might be interested that BE are introducing a new BE80 championships to be held in September. Winners from all normal BE80 competitions qualify. More details are here

http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-n...itemTitle=News

Looks quite good

Veteran

Default Re: New BE80 Championships

I think it's great news! Hoping a few Wobbleberries will make it.
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

I'm hoping to start BE this season.

One can only dream...! I think my mum would kill me if I qualify... Chester isn't local!

Veteran

First you have to finish in first place - quite a challenge for most of us!!

Just practice your dressage - it’s the only way to win! Signed: a cynic

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Lévrier View Post
    Just practice your dressage - it’s the only way to win! Signed: a cynic
    lol with you! All part of BEs major aim of winning another international championship ,I guess a 70 would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    I guess a 70 would be even better.
    It will happen.
    When Intro started (BE90) it was supposed to be pretty much a training class to let people have a taste of BE. The intro and pre-novice (BE100) names were dropped when they added BE80
    When 80 was introduced it was supposed to be purely a training class BE80(T). Then it became BE80 and now a championship.
    Give it a few years and there will be a BE40
    Might have a pony to play with

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMonty View Post
    It will happen.
    When Intro started (BE90) it was supposed to be pretty much a training class to let people have a taste of BE. The intro and pre-novice (BE100) names were dropped when they added BE80
    When 80 was introduced it was supposed to be purely a training class BE80(T). Then it became BE80 and now a championship.
    Yes im sure your right , I can remember the entry level being Novice when it was a true novice., LOL

It will happen.
    I am glad there are ODE events run over smaller courses. They are fun, kids can do them before they are old enough to go BE etc. I loved hunter trialling over 60cm courses when I first got back into jumping after many years refusing to. But I don't understand why they have to be affiliated events. Given the huge costs of affiliating and the inflated entry fees, I'd have thought people would be better off staying unaffiliated until they are able to step up to the bigger classes. But I think people need to improve the quality of the unaffiliated courses. At one venue the 65 was more like a 30/45 (literally - there was not a single fence up to height. A real disappointment when you travel a long way to go 'up' a class!) And the 80 at the same venue was mostly 50/60 with 2 really unfair (imo) tests. In one you jump down almost a foot into water. Not something you see at BE until 100cm. The 2nd test was an offset double jumped on an angle. Again a ridiculously technical line for a course that was otherwise tiny. I completed over 80 a few times last year but did not affiliate. I plan to affiliate as soon as I feel ready for BE90 though I will run over BE80T first to get my confidence back up first. Whether that is this season or next season is not yet clear!

It will happen.
    In my day too it was just Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. But nearly everyone went hunting, and most hunts and pony clubs ran hunter trials, some of which could be pretty stiff. It was after doing well in local hunter trials that I took the plunge for Novice eventing, although our dressage was rubbish.

But then you could just use some local farmer's fields and hedges and make a cross country course, there were none of the costs and risks of running an event that there are now. Plus for fundraising it is much easier just to put on a Pleasure Ride and you don't have to find all those fence judges. So I can well see that the lower levels of BE have become so popular, there really isn't much other choice. Good luck to everyone, it is pretty hard to come first in any event!