Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham

Old nag

Default Re: Cheltenham

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    I try not to comment on racing threads now as generally there is far to much bitching about Trainers and owners. Im afraid you have to be more open minded because in NH would be a lot poorer if it was not for Gigginstown ,JP McManus,Willie Mullins and RR etc. They all pump in huge amounts of money that racing badly needs. Everybody used to hate MartinPipe in his hey day however he brought inovation into racing that changed it. Its similar on the flat with the Maktoums without them what would racing be.
    Now for Cheltenham be wary because unless they get some reasonable rain and then dries it will ride really dead due to the recent freeze so stamina will be at a premium!
    I like all the others, I just don't trust RR. Running a bookies and owning horses...? Mind you, no one makes people place ante post bets!
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Well Altior has an abscess and Douvan goes for the Champion Chase. This could be an interesting few days with the ground on the soft side and people juggling their runners. If it turns into a slog I can see some odd results. On the plus side soft ground is better in terms of fallers and Native River looks a good price for the Gold Cup.

Fingers crossed Altior is okay and runs. Glad that Douvan is running Wednesday as that's the day I am going and I wanted to see him.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by KautoStar1 View Post
    Well Altior has an abscess and Douvan goes for the Champion Chase. This could be an interesting few days with the ground on the soft side and people juggling their runners. If it turns into a slog I can see some odd results. On the plus side soft ground is better in terms of fallers and Native River looks a good price for the Gold Cup.
    Oh no! I wonder if he really has or NH doesn't want to run him on heavy? I think probably the former, he ran in heavy last time, didn't he?

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    Oh no! I wonder if he really has or NH doesn't want to run him on heavy? I think probably the former, he ran in heavy last time, didn't he?
    NH has no reason to lie if he doesnt want to run him on Heavy he would say so. Cheltenham can change a lot before Friday and will be on relatively fresh ground for the gold cup

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    NH has no reason to lie if he doesnt want to run him on Heavy he would say so. Cheltenham can change a lot before Friday and will be on relatively fresh ground for the gold cup
    Altiuor is Champion Chase. Anyway, have just seen the actual report and he should still be running. I so want to see him V Douvan.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    Altiuor is Champion Chase. Anyway, have just seen the actual report and he should still be running. I so want to see him V Douvan.
    I was just making a general observation about the going later in the week later in the week . It can dry quite quickly with the drainage system they have in place.

Is there an equivalent of The Morning Line now?

Quote Originally Posted by oysterbay View Post
    is there an equivalent of the morning line now?
    itv4 9.30

Thank you!