Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham

Veteran

Default Re: Cheltenham

Go Go Getabird!!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EKW View Post
    There aren't really any stand out exceptional horses this year. All have questions to answer.

I suppose Buvuer D'air hasn't done anything wrong. Neither has Samcro.

I personally get bored of watching Willie Mullins and those hideous pink and lime green silks winning all the time.
    To be fair at the moment it's more the maroon and white of Gigginstown! Please make an exception for Getabird-I want the 'hideous pink and lime green' ahead in the Supreme Novices!

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by photo_jo View Post
    To be fair at the moment it's more the maroon and white of Gigginstown! Please make an exception for Getabird-I want the 'hideous pink and lime green' ahead in the Supreme Novices!
    That's true! It's funny no one ever has such a grudge against the Green and Gold of McManus nor the Green and White of Hemmings - because both are such nice guys! But the outrageous, outspoken ones? People kind of begrudge them the success in a way.

Personally for the Gold Cup I would LOVE to see Edwulf pull something out of the bag. Not only because of what happened to him last year at Cheltenham, nor for his 50/1 win in the Irish Gold Cup but because he is the maternal half brother of a horse I ride at work!
    There is a world
    Just around the corner of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And dreams come true.

In the next seven days only two are forecast to be dry. Cheltenham drains well but it will be soft if the weather forecast is correct. Hopefully that will help to lessen injury.

I would love to see Edwulf win.

Veteran

Personally for the Gold Cup I would LOVE to see Edwulf pull something out of the bag. Not only because of what happened to him last year at Cheltenham, nor for his 50/1 win in the Irish Gold Cup but because he is the maternal half brother of a horse I ride at work!
    My sister bred Getabird!

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by photo_jo View Post
    My sister bred Getabird!
    Does she get breeders premiums when the horse wins?!?!
    There is a world
    And dreams come true.

Veteran

Does she get breeders premiums when the horse wins?!?!
    Don't know-I'll ask her-she lives in Ireland so he has an Irish prefix

Always amazes me when people get so excited about Cheltenham - it is just an inconvenience with loads of incomers around here
    Three greyhounds are not enough..... I miss you so much Islay greyhound, always the most beautiful girl in the world

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Lévrier View Post
    Always amazes me when people get so excited about Cheltenham - it is just an inconvenience with loads of incomers around here
    Do what any sensible person does - go stay with a relative or friend for the week for the peace and quiet to watch the racing and rent your house out for £1k for the week on Air BnB!
    There is a world
    And dreams come true.

I would love to see Black Corton win the RSA and Politologue win the QM (although Altior looks unbeatable). oh, and Pacha Du Polder do well in the hunter chase.
    I'm sure Mite Bite will win the GC.