Page 1 of 18 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham

Default Cheltenham

OK, I know we will do a thread for each day as it comes round, but to kick things off who are we most looking forward to seeing, what races look the most exciting, any bankers.

My biggest hope is as always, that horses and jockeys come home safe and sound.

I'm going to put it out there now. I think Samcro will get beaten.

Old nag

Default Re: Cheltenham

Being petty and small minded I hope Samcro gets beaten too.

One thing for me is this year there are no horses thast I will really stress about. Kauto Star I used to worry about so much, and Sprinter Sacre, I could hardly bear to watch them, but as I don't bet it made the racing more edge of your seat. Cue Card is a bit that way, but not as much as those two were.

I have the whole week off work but I am not so up on who is running this year, with my picking up really having taken off this year I haven't followed the early season novices as I normally would.

So for the big ones:
    Buveur D'air
    Black Corton RSA, Altior Champion Chase
    Not so bothered on the Thursday, but I do like Yanworth as a horse, maybe each way?
    Might Bite for the Gold Cup.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Really looking forward to seeing Native River in the Gold Cup if the ground is very soft.

Fiona

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing Native River in the Gold Cup if the ground is very soft.

Fiona
    Oh yes, I love him too. Being a very professional punter I am a sucker for as chestnut with a blaze!

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    Oh yes, I love him too. Being a very professional punter I am a sucker for as chestnut with a blaze!
    Lol clodagh.....

I also love to see Willie Mullins and Noel Meade do well, and the northern English trainers..

Fiona

Old nag

There aren't really any stand out exceptional horses this year. All have questions to answer.

I suppose Buvuer D'air hasn't done anything wrong. Neither has Samcro.

I personally get bored of watching Willie Mullins and those hideous pink and lime green silks winning all the time.

Veteran

Me too EKW! I know it’s naughty but I never want the Irish to win except perhaps Jessica Harrington.
    I will be holding my breath for Altior.
    I think otherwise, rather than worrying about a favourite horse,I shall be hoping that the Briony Frost bubble doesn’t burst and that she rides just as well at the festival as she has all season so far. I hope the commentators don’t build her up too much but that is probably an empty hope!

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Chiffy View Post
    Me too EKW! I know it’s naughty but I never want the Irish to win except perhaps Jessica Harrington.
    I will be holding my breath for Altior.
    I think otherwise, rather than worrying about a favourite horse,I shall be hoping that the Briony Frost bubble doesn’t burst and that she rides just as well at the festival as she has all season so far. I hope the commentators don’t build her up too much but that is probably an empty hope!
    Agreed about the Irish, and yes to Jessica Harrington, she always seems so nice.

Veteran

Week off work booked, Monday will be spent stocking the fridge with nibbles and then sit back and enjoy. Dont bet and dont have any bankers but would like to see Might Bite win and Bryony do well. Cant wait, its my annual holiday

I am SO excited! I'm on maternity leave so I get to watch the whole thing for once! Hurrah! Only downside is that I'm not attending any Preview evenings this year, which I will miss!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Slate House in the first, I have a horse-crush on him big time! It the going is sloppy its going to be very interesting - it should be ideal for Native River in the GC.

And whilst at risk of sounding like a total fangirl for the Tizzards, I am keeping everything crossed Cue Card gets home safely in the Ryanair.