Default Grass roots qualification

Hi knowledable people!

Does any one know what are the qualification to compete in grassroots? My lovely boy is going to do a few B90 and then move hopefully to B100. I would love him to do grassroots!

Thanks!

Sport horse

Default Re: Grass roots qualification

Hi!

I presume you mean to qualify for Badminton champs? if yes then all the details can be found in the link below!

https://mitsubishimotorscup.badminto...qualification/

If you want to qualify for the 2019 championships you need to get your 1st round qualification pretty quickly!

Good luck
    It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game

Quote Originally Posted by ahml100 View Post
    Hi!

I presume you mean to qualify for Badminton champs? if yes then all the details can be found in the link below!

https://mitsubishimotorscup.badminto...qualification/

If you want to qualify for the 2019 championships you need to get your 1st round qualification pretty quickly!

Good luck
    yes thanks very much! would prefer next year but could he qualify for following year this year?

to qualify for Badminton 2019 you would need to get a top 10% placing in any BE90 between now and end of June. From 1st July you can enter 1 regional final for every top 10% placing you got. You then need to finish in the top 20% of a regional final to qualify for badminton. So yes if you have a successful year there is no reason you couldn't (if horse and ride both eligible) qualify for next year.

ETA any top 10% placing you get after 1st July that isn't a RF will count as a RF ticket for the autumn regional finals of 2019
    www.facebook.com/SeckerEventing/
    www.ramblingaboutruby.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeannePip View Post
    to qualify for Badminton 2019 you would need to get a top 10% placing in any BE90 between now and end of June. From 1st July you can enter 1 regional final for every top 10% placing you got. You then need to finish in the top 20% of a regional final to qualify for badminton. So yes if you have a successful year there is no reason you couldn't (if horse and ride both eligible) qualify for next year.

ETA any top 10% placing you get after 1st July that isn't a RF will count as a RF ticket for the autumn regional finals of 2019
    Thanks for explaining it so well! best get cracking! x

No problem - i thought it was really complicated but its not its actually really easy!

We have one RF for this autumn with Badminton 2019 being the aim

Just one more question! can the rider be competing at novice with other horses? or is it totally for amateurs x thanks

for the 90 champs no, for the 100 champs yes (but can't compete intermediate)

I think they also can't have competed at that level in the previous X years but cannot remember exactly