Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Snowy weekend plans....?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyandivy123 View Post
    Crumpets
    That sounds like an excellent idea. I may join you.

JFTD - that looks like fun!!! Would love to try that with Pocholo...if only I could get to the yard! Apparently the hill by the yard is strewn with abandoned cars so I don't think I'll give it a go in my Ford Focus...

Hoping the weather will sort itself out so I can get two very lively mares back working!

Nothing apart from mucking out and filling water buckets, though we did get the yard tap unfrozen today. Snowing again now though 😭😭

We did have a busy weekend planned, with WH on Sat am, pony birthday party Sat pm, and a lesson on Sunday afternoon, but they've either been cancelled already or will cancel .

Fiona

Veteran

This is probably about my 10th weekend this winter of snow / ice so I will be mostly sitting in front of the fire.

I will ride in the arena probably

Bah snow is going away. Back to rain.

well we've had a very boring weekend stuck indoors Finally the sun broke through and enough melted to get the horses round to the paddocks... very glad because Salty mainly did this for half an hour

Hopefully get back to normal tomorrow

Salty looks athletic! All our snow has pretty much gone now and the fields have turned to mud. Ice in the trough won't budge though. I emptied the trug that was in the field and it was solid ice.

Managed a hack out on a friend's horse. Pretty much all road work, but after the past week it was a relief to be heading back to normal.

Veteran

Roads were too icey to get the trailer out or to hack unfortunately so schooled yesterday and had a wee jump today which pleased M - he's far happier with all 4 feet off the ground lol

Old nag

Managed to get up into the school today but all of the horses were feeling the effects of having most of the week off.

On the more positive side, I managed to run through M71 without too much bother so hoping to pencil in a sneaky medium outing a few weeks earlier than I had originally planned.

Still waiting to hear if RC team dressage is going ahead this coming weekend. Might go jumping if it’s not.
    My veteran had a home for life

Schoolmaster

I had two fantastic lessons on school horses. Both very different horses to mine, which meant my flaws were all the more apparent. But by the end of the lessons I had clicked with both of the horses so that felt good.

My little cob is back out in the field now, so he's delighted. And the big cob managed a longer in hand walk and a little lunge (to see how he's moving) and he looks like he's better. My instructor is sitting on this week so fingers crossed we will be back to normal soon.