Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sport horse

Default Re: Snowy weekend plans....?

We were meant to be showing Saturday and it's cancelled because of snow. Was meant to be celebrating Mum's birthday tomorrow but she's cancelled that because we're both going to be walking to our yards for the day.

Bring on spring!

Well theoretically my XC clinic on Saturday hasn’t actually been cancelled yet.... 😄😄😄

Schoolmaster

My plans are survival Poulticing the little cob, in hand walking of the big cob, provided it's not too icy. He's very well at the moment; 6 year old highly strung active cob on week 3 of box rest is not a fun thing.

So I'll probably ride more school horses. I had another school horse lesson today which was lovely. Very different horse again- you have to be very quiet with your hands as she's very sensitive, which is good for me because I have a very noisy left hand and she wouldn't let me get away with it! Hopefully she will train that hand to sit still

I'm very impressed with Summerhouse. I got the email saying they had rearranged to next week and promised refunds for those who couldn't make it. I had already withdrawn, but emailed to confirm I wouldn't attend the rearranged date either and they phoned me today and gave me a full refund. I did explain that I cancelled last week but they said since they are refunding others it wouldn't be fair to exclude me. I thought that was very nice indeed. I wondered whether bog cob would be ready by next week but it's all too up in the air. Plus the rearranged date is a Friday and I'm working, so I decided just to write off winter regionals and hope for the summer!

Polocrosse training cancelled... Just as well, it's going to be grim. I might go and play in the snow a bit with my mare and get some photos instead. Certainly not venturing out anywhere.

Taking Dae out to try and do some sledging / skiing with him towing tomorrow though

*Whispers* going to the beach...

I'm going to have the opposite problem of hot weather. Lots of water and electrolytes here, snow looks much prettier than crispy grass and sand!

Crumpets

Quote Originally Posted by milliepops View Post
    Anyone got any?!

I was supposed to be at Summerhouse Regionals tomorrow and writing for the Ele freestyles on Sat.
    After an anxious couple of days poring over the hourly weather forecast and dreaming up a helicopter ride for Kira to the venue, they've postponed to next week

So a few days of struggling around with frozen water buckets and terrible roads instead. If things perk up then Salty will have arena hire on Sunday

Stay safe everyone
    Well looks like riding in the indoor maybe the only plan of riding I have apart from yard work that is the weekend plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lévrier View Post
    Well theoretically my XC clinic on Saturday hasn’t actually been cancelled yet.... ������
    Well at least you will have a soft landing if you come off . Seriously though I would have thought it will be due to the treacherous ground.

Old nag

Was supposed to be going jumping on Sunday but I don’t think i’ll be going anywhere at this rate. Horses haven’t been ridden since Tuesday and we’re due more snow.

Absolutely wild here at the moment - rescheduled wednesday’s flat lessons for today but I’m not sure my trainer will make it, and if she does, I’m not sure how much we’ll get done with Raz, who’s a spooky idiot at the best of times
    My veteran had a home for life

Early weekend plans involved lots (and lots and lots) of this: