Just backed

Default Re: Cudo's continuing adventures in America

Another new video....

We're getting somewhere good.

Em

https://youtu.be/ijQaAxskHno

Veteran

Oo, it's really all starting to come together. You're definitely not looking like a basically brand new partnership anyway!

Cudo looks so happy. Such a classy horse

Veteran

Looking very good.

Veteran

Fantastic looking very smooth and 'together' in that vid ! I struggle to get over the filler you have there, so those jumps look huuuuuuge.
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Veteran

He is a lovely horse. So relaxed looking. I am sure that you are going to have loads of fun.

Just backed

I will admit I get the sense that he's still sad at times. He misses Lauren and doesn't always seem that 'bright ' as we do what must seem to him like endless flatwork. Ground poles were new (and scary) and he's definitely needing love and encouragement while settling in.

I noticed he was much more engaged with me when I'm grooming him and giving him treats. So I started riding with pieces of carrots in a bag in my pocket and I give him some when he's good or nervous. Ever since I started doing that he seems to be more engaged with me as we ride.

I'm playing with bridles and bits a little, and this was using a loose ring slow twist with acavallo bit guards. I think it worked well but we'll return to the daily bit the herm sprenger duo when I ride him next on Tuesday.

Thanks so much for your kind comments. He's a hell of a horse.

Emily

He's such a good boy. It does take a while for them to settle in and figure out their new human. You'll get there, looks like great progress already.

Veteran

Its a big move for him and still early days. I got my new one at the back end of August last year and like you felt he was not really happy. He never did anything wrong I just had a sense something was missing for him. However he is now well settled in and we are forming our own partnership.

Sport horse

Gosh he is rather beautiful! I have been silently following your journey in your quest for a new horse and though I told myself that I am far too old to have the green-eyed monster I have failed!-He looks utterly divine and you certainly do not look like a new partnership.

If you do not mind the question, I have very little knowledge of American showing can you aim to jump at specific championships and are your classes split between amateur and professional? I followed a bit during WEF but the classification confused me a bit! Do full understand that this could be a rather vague question!
    It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose, it’s how you play the game

Just backed

Quote Originally Posted by ahml100 View Post
    If you do not mind the question, I have very little knowledge of American showing can you aim to jump at specific championships and are your classes split between amateur and professional? I followed a bit during WEF but the classification confused me a bit! Do full understand that this could be a rather vague question!
    Ok so this will be a bit clear as mud but let me try.

I used to be a professional (I taught lessons to 3 friends and was paid for training rides of other people's horses)

Then I decided it would be more accurate and more fun to get my amateur status back and compete in the amateur classes/divisions.

Ok... so the divisions that I compete in are the Adult Amateur Jumper - High division (1.10 meters) and the ultimate goal would be the Amateur Owner jumper division. That has low(1.20-25), med (1.30 - 35) and high (1.40) heights.

With my greener horses I would go in the variety of choices around 1m or lower, low AA jumper, Thoroughbred Jumper, or the like. We have age classes as well but none of my horses fall into those ranges anymore.

Certain classes are open to all. Height classes for example... Training or schooling jumper is usually written up in the prize list as "Training jumper 0.95 m" or "Schooling Jumper 1.20m." ANYONE can go in those classes.

There are divisions separated down by Juniors, amateurs and horses that are owned by an amateur owner.

To help I am going to share a link to a rather big show that happens in May, Old Salem Farm.

https://cdn.flipsnack.com/widget/v2/...E&t=1519335096

Ok a couple short hand explanations:

AA (Adult Amateur)
    YJC - Young Jumper Classes

Take a look at that and feel to ask follow up questions.

Em