Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast
    Just backed

Default Cudo's continuing adventures in America

So rather than updating all the threads before this I think we'll just keep updates relegated to here.

So for those not following our facebook page, here's a video of our first proper jump school.

Couple things to note, he had usually gone in a running martingale. I chose not to use one to see how it went without. I'm probably going to use one again but maybe not right away. Also he has been jumped in a Myler bit with the hooks in use, I chose to try him in a french link snaffle and see how he did with a more plain bit.

Short summary...lots of good things discovered. I absolutely bought myself the right horse, now we have to learn how to communicate and figure out what signal means what and such. Also this saddle is an absolute treat.. Wow. Love it. Time and patience will be the trick to bonding and I absolutely will give him that.

https://youtu.be/kNimHGgKKYM

Hope you all enjoy. He's settling in beautifully and is an absolute sweetheart with an ever increasing American fan club now also.

Emily

Default Re: Cudo's continuing adventures in America

Looking great! I’ve been following your posts with interest, wishing you lots of fun with him ��

Veteran

what a good boy, he seems to have a lovely temperament. good luck with him

I'm following him on Facebook. Looks like he enjoyed his jumping session. What a good boy he is.

Beautiful horse who obviously knows his job. Looking forward to seeing your progress together. xx
    Our blog: Cassie, Cam & Co. - the ups and downs of dabbling in dressage http://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo

Love him! He looks so sweet and clever, thinking on his feet. Lovely paces too, much looser now!

Veteran

Lovely update - he has some power!

Veteran

Lovely to hear and I did watch the vid on your you tube channel. Glad you are happy with him. Def lots to like and you can see how good you're going to be once all the buttons are worked out !

ETA intrigued! what saddle do you have?
    Last edited by Bernster; 19-02-18 at 09:12 AM.
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Just backed

I bought the sellers custom fit Equiline Dynamic. I liked that it was already fit to him and can be flocked. Equiline has just started it's presence in America so it wasn't a saddle I'd ever seen or heard of.

I'm honestly surprised because when I was searching for a new saddle inn 2016 it was a long drawn out nightmare. I ended up with my lovely used Devoucoux but I must have tried 20 saddles or more.

Emily

Lovely update....He's such a sweet boy......must confess he reminds me of my WB as he has the same white sock configuration....i will be following your progress.