Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Default Airowear Body Protectors V Point 2 Air Vests

As above really, which offers more protection, opinions please before I splurge out shed loads of money!!

Old nag

Default Re: Airowear Body Protectors V Point 2 Air Vests

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    As above really, which offers more protection, opinions please before I splurge out shed loads of money!!
    Body protector every time there will be times when an air jacket will not trigger and on the whole these are when you need it most.

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    Body protector every time there will be times when an air jacket will not trigger and on the whole these are when you need it most.
    Says the man who's never ridden in one

From someone who has hunted in one and fallen off several times in one, an air jacket of whichever brand every single time for me.

Do remember that you can't event in an air jacket alone, so if you plan to event you need to buy the body protector if you can only afford one or the other.
    Last edited by ycbm; 09-02-18 at 05:10 PM.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post
    Says the man who's never ridden in one

From someone who has hunted in one and fallen off several times in one, an air jacket of whichever brand every single time for me.

Do remember that you can't event in an air jacket alone, so if you plan to event you need to buy the body protector if you can only afford one or the other.
    So what do you do when your horse rolls over you still in the saddle! it happens. You sort of pointed to my reasoning yourself there is no horse sport where BPs are mandated(not just BE) that accepts just an airjacket perhaps you need to ask why! Dont make unfounded assumptions about others riding either.

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    So what do you do when your horse rolls over you still in the saddle! it happens. You sort of pointed to my reasoning yourself there is no horse sport where BPs are mandated(not just BE) that accepts just an airjacket perhaps you need to ask why! Dont make unfounded assumptions about others riding either.
    Do tell. Have you ever ridden in one for a couple of hours at a time? Fallen off in one at speed or from height?

You have been against them since they were first on the market. You posted against them on the last thread I remember telling porkies about P2's financial situation

These threads usually result in recommendation after recommendation from people who have actually used one. I can't remember a single person who has used one who has given up and recommends going back to a body protector.

There are only a miniscule percentage of falls where the jacket would not go off. The protection it offers the rest of the time is so great that, for me, it far outweighs any benefit that a body protector would give in any such fall.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Piglet, specifically:

An air jacket protects the neck and the lower back which are not covered by a body protector. This is a huge benefit, to me.

It has much greater cushioning in the event of a fall from height or at speed or slamming into an obstacle. You are unlikely to bounce and laugh when falling onto tarmac in a BP, yet that is what I did in an air jacket.

I find them much more comfortable and less restrictive than a body protector.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post
    Piglet, specifically:

An air jacket protects the neck and the lower back which are not covered by a body protector. This is a huge benefit, to me.

It has much greater cushioning in the event of a fall from height or at speed or slamming into an obstacle. You are unlikely to bounce and laugh when falling onto tarmac in a BP, yet that is what I did in an air jacket.

I find them much more comfortable and less restrictive than a body protector.
    Agreed
    ...all Grandmas are created equal, but the ones who ride horses are awesome!

Veteran

Thank you guys, opinions very much appreciated. I was definitely airing towards the air vest I just had heard good things about the BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Thank you guys, opinions very much appreciated. I was definitely airing towards the air vest I just had heard good things about the BP.
    And just to throw a spanner into the works, on the last thread here about air jackets, everyone seemed to prefer Hit Air

Quote Originally Posted by asmp View Post
    And just to throw a spanner into the works, on the last thread here about air jackets, everyone seemed to prefer Hit Air
    Well that's not true, because I don't