Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BE eventing any fall and your eliminated

http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-n...m.aspx?id=7356

Crikey Im going to have to try and stay on!

Old nag

Default Re: BE eventing any fall and your eliminated

Just ensure any falls are in the warm up

Im not up on BE rules but surely you were elminated for a fall in the ring anyway?Or were you allowed to fall off in dressage...?

Quote Originally Posted by MuffettMischief View Post
    Im not up on BE rules but surely you were elminated for a fall in the ring anyway?Or were you allowed to fall off in dressage...?
    Yes you could previously fall off in any phase, get back on and continue. Now you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by AandK View Post
    Yes you could previously fall off in any phase, get back on and continue. Now you can't.
    wow I never knew this, i thought a fall at any stage would be eliminated too!

Presumably that's elimination even if your fall is XC and not associated with an obstacle. I've seen the occasional rider go base over apex because the horse slipped or napped between fences. As a fence judge rather than a competitor I hate that I'm going to have to potentially eliminate some poor soul for hitting the deck like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic Sparrow View Post
    Presumably that's elimination even if your fall is XC and not associated with an obstacle. I've seen the occasional rider go base over apex because the horse slipped or napped between fences. As a fence judge rather than a competitor I hate that I'm going to have to potentially eliminate some poor soul for hitting the deck like that.
    Better than letting someone who is fired up on adrenaline continue with a hidden injury.

If they fall off in the warm up there is time to assess them before letting them continue - or not.

It's been this way in FEI and Eventing Ireland events for a few years now, and I do see that the rule BE originally wanted to introduce which was if you have a fall on course, you have to be checked by a medic before continuing, was unworkable both in terms of the number of doctors needed on site and also the pressure on the doctor to make a split second decision under pressure...

Fiona

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!

Quote Originally Posted by MuffettMischief View Post
    The rider before me in dressage at a 3de once fell off and somehow the judge still gave her a better score than me! However, I jumped a double clear and she fell off twice XC so maybe that does say something for eliminating them.....

I didn't think people would manage to fall off in the dressage until I did a try event where the arena was so slippy 3 horses went down. Although it was run under Eventing Ireland rules people were allowed to continue.

At any rate that was the biggest incentive I ever saw to ride balanced corners