Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Default Re: No one else wants to leap in? Weekend plans!

If this horrible cold / flu bug goes away then it will be arena hire on sat and hack on Sun

I'm taking Skye and Fergus to polocrosse training on Saturday - Skye for me and Fergs for a friend and (ex) HHOer who is coming to have a go. We have three incredible players coming over to coach this time so it should be a good session. I'm just hoping the mare keeps on polishing her halo and behaves herself

Then on Sunday a few of us are going over to Warwickshire for some on foot polocrosse training without the ponies, which should be good fun.

Old nag

Weve just had a jumping lesson with a new-ish trainer who is a little stricter re the riders position than my usual one. She ended up introducing a forfeit - every time I looked down to make sure my left hand was still attached, the water jump went up two holes

Apart from my wandering sightline we had a good lesson. I just need to stop overthinking things and then well be grand.
    Polework Friday and then ill Probably give him Saturday off as I think Ive got a lesson booked for Monday at usual trainers yard.

The baby is ticking along quite nicely again after last weeks tantrums so ill be letting her go free range over the weekend and hoping our steering still works when we start cantering without the safety of being on the lunge.

Not quite sure what my plan is for Raz just yet. I quite fancy doing some hill work but need someone to come and play nanny. Might pop a wee course of poles out for him to give him something different to do as hes done plenty of gymnastic work already this week.

Good luck to all out competing this weekend
    My veteran had a home for life

Resident irriot The Fuzzy Furry's Avatar

Have just had Saturdays grid work cancelled, and as weather now not looking too clever, I'll likely be tack cleaning and sofa surfing, with possible riding in between
    Good luck to those competing
    Growing old disgracefully.......VERY disgracefully

Have fun all! Pictures and reports are much appreciated here as I'm still grounded.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by ester View Post
    Rara is sending me for hanging off the back training... on my own

Apparently it should be helpful, I am not sure if that means I'm doing a rubbish job or as I likely suspect it is about to get a whole lot more technical
    None of mine took my heavy hints

Schoolmaster

I'm doing an unaffiliated dressage competition (trailblazers qualifier) with my big cob. The little cob is trotting full laps of the school and light hacking at the moment, so I will do a little bit more with him over the weekend. This building back up thing takes ages! Then on Sunday big cob has a jump lesson and then we are going to go on a farm ride for a blast

Sport horse

Sat morning one of the youngsters is going to a bew home; he arrived as a 16 week 10 foal from the drift sale a few days before Christmas and is leaving as a strapping 5 year old who is going to be produced as a lead rein / pc pony over the next few years. Happy and sad at the same time.

Sunday I'm borrowing the fjord for some jumping again. We had a double clear and a clear / one down in the last jumping, then eliminated a fortnight ago in combined training at fence 2, so fingers crossed and legs on.

Have fun everyone else, hope the snow and ice don't head north and spoil it for everyone

Just backed

Quick run through our tests tmw, and then we are off on Saturday for our first BD of the year - N22 and N30. Could be interesting as it is a new venue for both of us, and he's been quite sharp lately. Plus the weather looks awful.
    Then probably a hack on Sunday

Im hiring an indoor school to ride my horse to see if hes sound or not. Hes had a steroid and Arthrimid injection 4 weeks ago and if this doesnt work then nothing will. Fingers crossed and good luck vibes please. Hes s cracking little horse and I cant have two 10yr olds that are unrideable.