Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: No one else wants to leap in? Weekend plans!

Going for an early morning blat on the beach on Saturday. Hopefully schooling at the local arena on Sunday, but the remnants of another tropical cyclone are heading our way, so might be a tad wet.

Sadly no weekend plans as family event, but am excited that schooling going well with the Ballerina Mare, and she's getting fitter as has to do long hacks on her own. The week's target is to get the Spooky Pony out 2 more times being led from the Ballerina Mare, to get his rehab on track. The two of them haven't quite comprehended how ride and lead works, yet!

Quote Originally Posted by j1ffy View Post
    Have fun everyone! Good luck at your first Ele Embo, we did E49 last week and the video is up on the old weekend thread if you fancy watching how a short-legged Spaniard got round it

I may have a jump lesson on Pocholo on Saturday, after all the dressage-ing I feel he deserves some fun! Then a BD test riding clinic with a list 1 judge on Sunday - I'm taking Indio to do E53. I desperately need test riding help so I hope it'll be useful! I also need to start getting Pocholo out for longer hacks as we're doing 70 miles around the Peak District in June (plus it'll help get his belly down while the Spring grass starts coming through...).
    Ooh thank you, I will go and watch now!

I'd say def have a jump, I always find it refreshes B after lots of flatwork/dressage. Especially if Pocholo enjoys his jumping, he works hard and deserves a treat I'm sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by Embo View Post
    Ooh thank you, I will go and watch now!

I'd say def have a jump, I always find it refreshes B after lots of flatwork/dressage. Especially if Pocholo enjoys his jumping, he works hard and deserves a treat I'm sure :P
    He does indeed! I've booked a lesson for 10am tomorrow. I had hoped to do the BD combined training with him again this year but life got in the way! I'm eyeing up a few ODEs though and maybe even the H&H 3DE at Keysoe...

Good luck to those competing. Have fun those out adventuring (beach ride sounds awesome). Commiseration for those grounded....

I am absolutely bricking it because a few weeks ago in a fit of enthusiasm and confidence I booked onto a pre-season eventing clinic with..... Jeanette Brakewell. (EEEEEEK). I said I was aiming at BE90 - and indeed I am - but that was before I fell off last week just by popping over a 70cm showjump. Argghh. I need to remind myself that I schooled over BE90 jumps all last summer and even jumped a whole BE90 XC course clear so I am not going to look like a novice numpty. Nor will I die! It will be fine.....it will be fine....it will be fine......

Just backed

Heading to Ingliston EC tomorrow for Cat 2. Anyone else going?

I've been on a mission to vary our hacking. Have done some exploration and discovered some nice places I can bring him to in the box. I'm planning to go on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by dixie View Post
    Im hiring an indoor school to ride my horse to see if hes sound or not. Hes had a steroid and Arthrimid injection 4 weeks ago and if this doesnt work then nothing will. Fingers crossed and good luck vibes please. Hes s cracking little horse and I cant have two 10yr olds that are unrideable.
    Best of luck

Had a very frustrating and disappointing day at arena eventing today. After a brilliant jumping lesson last night, where we ended on flying a full up 90-95cm course, with a grid down to a 95cm oxer, went into it feeling relatively confident we could at least get round...

70cm he was actually pretty good, a thousand times better than last time! Had a couple of stops and some slightly questionable scrambles, but he jumped everything, including some things he wouldn't go near last time, and in a class with only 3 clear rounds I was pretty happy with him!

And then there was the 80cm. It was a total disaster. From the word go he was just not on side at all. I don't really know why, I couldn't see any reason for it. It was over the same course as the 70, and he's plenty capable of the height, but he was just not having any of it. Had 3 stops at fence 2, just a regular showjump which he didn't look at in the 70, before I finally got him over it. Got him over the next 5 showjumps just about but then he stopped again at the first of the XC fences so definite elimination. Tried to get him over at least one of the XC fences, but he just wasn't on side, so just jumped fence 1 again and finished there. I just felt that rather than opening his canter and moving forwards like we've been practicing, he was just rushing and not thinking. So frustrating because I can't work out why he was so awkward in the second round! He's usually the kind of horse who is better doing 2 rounds. *sigh* remind me why we do this again?

He earns some points back because yesterday was the first time I've ridden him in 3 weeks, and also the first time he's jumped in 2 weeks. Plus his spooky behaviour was MUCH better than it's ever been, which is a positive. I know that he hates this venue, but it's not really an excuse for the 80, that was just naughty! I am getting the physio and saddle fitter out just in case (he's due anyway) but if there was something off there I'd have thought that he'd be showing more consistent signs? I have a feeling that this is just another stage of testing to see what he can get away with, now he's not generally actually scared/worried about the fences themselves... I also think he deserves points for being such a complete gem on the ground and to handle/get ready, makes my life easier!

Hope everyone else had/has a better day than me!

https://eventinghenry.weebly.com/

Some stars shine so brightly that they can't shine for long: RIP Rosie 2004-2016

Sport horse

First half of weekend was a success - youngster was loaded and sent on his way in the rain. He was good to load, but freaked once he was on the lorry, reared up and got his forelegs over the partition which is quite impressive given he's 10.3! Unhooked him, cross tied him rather than a normal tie and he travelled and came off like a dream.

Here's hoping he gets many years of making small children happy - .