Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Old nag

Default Re: Never set yourself a limitation!

Aww brilliant - well done you!
    My veteran had a home for life

Veteran

Absolutely mega! At medium only the fancy ones get the high 60s, scoreboards normally sit around 60-65 with all the pros at high 60s and 70s and over so you must be looking flipping amazing

Quote Originally Posted by blood_magik View Post
    Aww brilliant - well done you!
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Farma View Post
    Absolutely mega! At medium only the fancy ones get the high 60s, scoreboards normally sit around 60-65 with all the pros at high 60s and 70s and over so you must be looking flipping amazing
    Well it did feel good, no photographic evidence unfortunately! Plus goes to show you do not have to be a pro on a lovely warmblood to score those marks, if we can do it so can anyone .

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHyde View Post
    Thank you, Topaz had only ever jumped before we got her, she didn't know what a 20m circle was , keep going .
    Haha it is quite sad isnt it that they lack on the flat. I know exactly what has happened with mine. Come from Ireland found out he jumps and thats all anyone has done with him.
    We have progressed first few tests got 50 odd percent scores. Did one tail end of last year and come out with 68 percent. Its been hard work and still far from consistent and perfect but the improvement is coming.
    At home he is far more relaxed, normally once he has had a canter he fires up but the last test we did i did intro first thinking that would be better but the prelim was better marked and felt better. Madness my horse

Quote Originally Posted by Vickh87 View Post
    Haha it is quite sad isnt it that they lack on the flat. I know exactly what has happened with mine. Come from Ireland found out he jumps and thats all anyone has done with him.
    We have progressed first few tests got 50 odd percent scores. Did one tail end of last year and come out with 68 percent. Its been hard work and still far from consistent and perfect but the improvement is coming.
    At home he is far more relaxed, normally once he has had a canter he fires up but the last test we did i did intro first thinking that would be better but the prelim was better marked and felt better. Madness my horse
    Topaz didn't come from Ireland but similar in that they found she liked jumping so thats' what they did, to be fair Topaz was very happy with the arrangement . If I'd not managed to roll us over a show jump and bust my collarbone, meaning I did a winter of 'flatwork' we'd probably never started our dressage journey!

Topaz has definitely got better the higher up the levels we've gone .