Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just backed

Default Re: Helping new cat settle?

Cat has fallen in love with my OH and decided I'm decent enough company for when he's out the room. He's found a lovely cave in the blanket box under the bed for night time, a windowsill lookout in the front room and run to the front door when I got back from work this evening to chirrup at me. OH is equally besotted luckily; they're currently purring at each other from two different settees - I have no idea why!

The crying has stopped entirely unless the food bowl is looking slightly lower than his lordship deems acceptable.

Another couple of days and I think he'll be nicely settled and we can start to look at outdoor visits. Very glad we were able to give him a chance

That's so lovely to hear! Really pleased for all of you

Great news

Oh that's wonderful!

What a lucky cat to have found such a good home.

Lucky puss cat, how lovely that you have given him a home. I hope that he continues to flourish in your care.

Sport horse

well done you. be patient he will be ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfilly View Post
    He had a nice peaceful night and spent morning curled on my lap again. The crying has lessened to occasional bursts where he's wandering the house and searching behind doors - I honestly think he's hoping to find his old owner here somewhere. It's so pitiful.

He's eating and drinking well, so hopefully will settle happily. He's got a box cave made in the front room but hasn't gone in it so far!

No butter coming anywhere near him :-) the cat flap has been locked so he's not going outside to at least next weekend.

Schoolmaster

Good on you for giving the old darling a home. He is very fortunate to have landed on all four paws so to speak!

Just backed

Quick update - Ginger has settled really well, like he's always been here and has settled to using his cat flap as well. We are working really hard on food boundaries - he tries to eat off your plate while you're eating which I won't have but he's perfect in every other way and enjoys bashing hell out of his toys by throwing them down the stairs, thundering downstairs to retrieve it and then repeating the process.

He doesn't appear to be a gundog in disguise but I've never known a cat quite like him for fetching things!

I hope he's got a few good years left.