Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
    Just backed

Default Re: After much searching and all the wonderful help I got one!!!

Connemara's here run the gamut. Typically the market for anything under 15 hands is low UNLESS you're talking about doing Pony jumpers or hunters. Then the prices are higher. But event ponies have a semi low resale value. Imported Connies though still cost real money as they are imported.

Thanks everyone. I keep hearing he's doing well. We'll pick him up tomorrow around 10am and then it's a relatively short 3.5 hr drive home to the yard where he'll live for the first 6 weeks or so. This is all contingent that his blood results today at the lab are ok. They were at the German lab but you do worry.

I might take him for a stroll in the indoor tomorrow late afternoon. I think he needs to stretch his legs and though it's supposed to rain we do have an indoor and an outside fitness/gallop track with prepared footing. So I'm of the mindset than unless he's totally sacked, we will hack a bit to get him back into a routine.

He'll get his first turnout Sunday am.

Itching to get there, but I appreciate we can't rush the process.

Em

Just backed

Almost forgot the pic of him in USA quarantine yesterday Am.

https://flic.kr/p/237N3sm

:-)

Em

Aww, he looked so tired on the lorry - but looking perkier in quarantine. It's great that they are keeping you informed and sending pictures. I'm excited for you getting him home! I just find the idea of transporting horses such a distance amazing, I freak out slightly taking mine on a 20 minute trailer ride.

Just backed

Quote Originally Posted by PapaverFollis View Post
    Aww, he looked so tired on the lorry - but looking perkier in quarantine. It's great that they are keeping you informed and sending pictures. I'm excited for you getting him home! I just find the idea of transporting horses such a distance amazing, I freak out slightly taking mine on a 20 minute trailer ride.
    Well today we calculated all the toll money for the round trip with the trailer to get him and made sure to put it on the Toll reader block that scans. ($88 or so) 3.5 hours isn't so bad but it helps that John and my friend will be along for the ride. John will likely drive as it doesn't bother him as much.

We're going to check all the tires on the truck and trailer tonight and make sure he has a clean fluffy stall, lots of fresh hay for the ride home and clean water and lots of blankets to choose from. (We have odd weather tomorrow).

We have a camera in the truck to see in the trailer so that's going to be tested tonight also to ensure it's working and good as well.

Since it is different here you can see my trailer here: http://s103.photobucket.com/user/Xct...?sort=3&page=1

We have a different/bigger truck pulling it now. You'll see pics of that tomorrow once we get there. We are going to try and video when I meet him. The thought alone makes me tear up and flinch so expect real tears tomorrow.

Em

Hi BD - so pleased you have found such a superstar - I bet you can’t wait to meet him “in person”, but wishing you lots of luck with him once he’s settled in with you!