Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Default Re: After much searching and all the wonderful help I got one!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time with him. Looks very nice.

Lovely, I hope he travels well - what a trek for him!

Veteran

Ooh fantastic. He looks like a superstar. So excited for you. Have fun and look forward to hearing how you get on. Lots of updates please 😀😀😀
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDog View Post

He's on the van to Dover and should be arriving in the next hour and change. He'll be there until Monday, then ferry to France and lorry to Amsterdam. He'll be there until Weds and then fly to the states.

I am dying to have him here!!!!!

Emily
    Is there a reason why he isn't flying from Stanstead in the UK Emily? The horse of mine that was exported went that way.

If you plan on doing hunters with him, he's really got the rhythm and style for it, hasnt he?
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Not slacking-multitasking

Oh he's smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post
    Is there a reason why he isn't flying from Stanstead in the UK Emily? The horse of mine that was exported went that way.

If you plan on doing hunters with him, he's really got the rhythm and style for it, hasnt he?
    He's actually doing jumpers with me.* Hunters are the one thing that frankly I suck at and do not have the right trainer, saddle or bank account to succeed in. (*- ideally anyway.... but it's a horse... is anything ever guaranteed from planning to end game? )

To fly to the US all the airlines are now going out of either Belgium or Holland. I got 6 different company quotes and all were on these routes. When I was looking at Irish horses I got as far as an Irish horse could in theory fly direct to Chicago (18 hours by road from me) or they might be able to fly to Belgium and then land and then re-board and go to NYC. That was going to cost a lot more.

Poor Cudo almost was being picked up Weds for 2 nights in Manchester, then to Dover, then to Holland. Thankfully they swapped to his pickup today.

As of this afternoon he is safely tucked in to his stall in Dover and supposedly doing well.

Emily

Whoops. Duplicated.
    Last edited by BunnyDog; 02-02-18 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Duplicate. Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post

Might be the cost - as a livery horse came from Bermuda to Chicago for quarantine then it flew Amsterdam from the USA then travelled by horse box to UK, through France and across to UK. It was cheaper that way so I imagine it is the same the other way round. As it went the long way round the world as it had something to do with time zone and airspace
    Last edited by ILuvCowparsely; 02-02-18 at 09:35 PM.

Schoolmaster

He makes it look so easy. Hope you have many happy years together.

He looks lovely! Bless him, going on his big adventure to his new home! I hope he arrives with you safe and sound and is everything you are wanting him to be. :-)