Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
    Just backed

Default After much searching and all the wonderful help I got one!!!!

I found a lovely horse in England and today he's hit the road on his way to the USA. :-)

His flight to America is on Wednesday and I'll get to meet him a week from tomorrow.

I am beyond excited and it's kind of funny since the few English friends I have talked to were surprised that I was so gaga over this horse. My American friends who know (Keeping it quiet here since so much could still go wrong) are just falling over themselves saying how amazing he is. I guess it's all in what you're used to.

I am including a short video so you can see him. His seller/owner is riding him. Oh and I bought the saddle also as it's custom to him.

https://youtu.be/lQWsBwNlGFQ

Since it's colder than normal here I am going to board him at a farm near mine with an indoor for the first six weeks or so. Actually, if you know American eventers at all, he'll be at Phillip Dutton's home base. Phillip is down south and the folks that rent his place for the winter are lovely.

So that's what I know. We're going to start with dressage work initially and some gymnastics and are eyeing emerging onto the US shows sometime in later March or April depending on our weather.

Many thanks to all who have helped and I promise to give updates if you'd like.

Emily

Default Re: After much searching and all the wonderful help I got one!!!

Congratulations! He looks very floaty! Good luck to you both!

Yay, he passed! May you and Cudo have many wonderful years together, Emily. He really does look a cracker.

Veteran

Congratulations, he's a beaut

Sport horse

You must be bursting with excitement...He is lovely. Hope everything goes smoothly with his journey.

Shirl

Just how easy does he make that look?!?! Nice one Emily, have fun.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Old nag

He's lovely. Happy riding and hope he travels well.

Veteran

Looking forward to the updates already. He looks FAB.

Congrats! He looks lovely

Just backed

Oh sorry forgot to give his details.

He's an 11 yr old 16.3 + Hanoverian gelding. His name is "El Cuador" and he's been based and showing around Sunderland and points north.

He's by Escudo I and out of "Sly Kid II" who is a Calypso II mare.

He competed through Foxhunters and as you can see on the video, thinks that 1.35 is not an issue. LOL

His owner imported him from Holland as a 7 yr old dressage horse. I did however send an email to the Dutch federation asking for any records. He had only shown in jumpers as a 5 yr old (in Holland) and not competed in dressage in their databases. I also checked with Germany and found nothing.

So little bit of quiet mystery behind him so we vetted him a bit more aggressively and he came through it fine.

He's on the van to Dover and should be arriving in the next hour and change. He'll be there until Monday, then ferry to France and lorry to Amsterdam. He'll be there until Weds and then fly to the states.

I am dying to have him here!!!!!

Emily