Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schoolmaster

Default Anyone done a dressage course/camp

Looking at doing a 2 day camp. I'm a bit of a shy sort and not the worlds most confident rider, but keen for a bit of a turbo boost with our training to move up a level. Are intensive courses any good? It's a well established training yard with amazing facilities and top class trainers.

Default Re: Anyone done a dressage course/camp

I've done a few of the 3 day courses at AM dressage and they have been brilliant... great fun and really good training. I like having the intensive approach to get over a training hump

I have done 2, the first was a few days at a well know dressage rider / trainers yard, my individual lesson was good but I didn’t enjoy the rest, the demos were all done in draw reins and the training just wasn’t what I enjoy watching and didn’t feel I had the same training ethos but wouldn’t have known until I was there, the trainer became a bit bitchy towards some of the more novice people there which I found really uncomfortable ��
    I also went to a bd regional camp and it was a totally different experience, lots of trainers, a huge mix of abilities and everyone supported each other, tonnes to do from morning till night and generally very enjoyable and informative and it was great to get a chance to ride tests under a less pressured environment but still with bd judges and lots of feedback and help after x

Sport horse

I can not recommend the ones at AM dressage highly enough. If that’s the one you are thinking of doing, I’m very happy to answer questions-I was a newbie last year and have since booked up three Camps there for this year!

Schoolmaster

AM is a bit far so looking to go to Collective Equestrian.

I've done a couple of camps now and they are absolutely worth it, not just for learning but also for the chatter and other people (esp if you get a good bunch). I found it great to have some concentrated learning and really helped me, go for it!

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by Notimetoride View Post
    I go past Collectives Equestrian to go to AM!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Notimetoride View Post
    There is a regular contingent who travel down from Scotland to do Intensive courses at AM. I've done 3 day camps there and also go for overnighters, I'm lucky to live within an hours drive but I am always amazed at the distance that people travel. I don't know Collective Equestrian but I can recommend AM without reservation. I have also been on Active rider dressage camps and a couple of BD ones but AM gets my vote because you have an individual lesson rather than a paired one and just watching others being taught you learn so much because the Adam, Matt and Justine are so experienced.

I did the Dressage Active Rider Camp last year, and booked on this years too. Not going to lie, properly pooped myself but it definitely gave me a kick up the bum. You get private sessions and shared with one other. Properly knackering though, which I under estimated.

Looking to do a AM one at the end of the year too.

Schoolmaster

I honestly don't have the confidence to take the lorry 2 hours up the motorway. Collective seems pretty good so I'll give it a whirl.