Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Weekend plans :) :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by ihatework View Post
    Much love for the giant this morning.
    Went drainage ditch hopping, had found a really nice wide mile long verge with about 20 ditches , handily in increasing size.
    After a very brief wobble at the first, giant pony got the idea pretty quick and by the end was pricking his ears, locking on and carting me over - even did a bounce of ditches!!

Don’t think it will take too long for his welsh brain to get the idea
    That sounds fun.

Schoolmaster

All sounds like things are picking up.
    Weather allowing I have dressage at a new venue on Sunday. Not been out for ages, and we’re both low on competition experience (this will be our sixth outing) so interested to see how she copes with a new venue.

We had a fab schooling session yesterday followed by a brilliant lesson today. Miss Sassy has really been asked to apply herself recently and it's paying off. No sloppy transitions, and I'm gradually managing to close down the various evasion techniques. Today we started working properly on walk to canter transitions and she's cottoning on to them. We had one of those lovely, almost bascule moments on the last one we did, so, much praise and we ended on a good note. I got some really lousy quality videos of us yesterday, but really happy with how things are going at the moment. Hack tomorrow then day off on Sunday. First competition of the year booked for a couple of week's time, so watch this space!

Video from yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo...23366177802409

Good luck to all those out and about - enjoy and keep safe. xx
    Our blog: Cassie, Cam & Co. - the ups and downs of dabbling in dressage http://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo

Good luck everyone out and about! I've just come back from a very wet and cold hack, am currently trying to regain feeling in my hands

https://eventinghenry.weebly.com/

Some stars shine so brightly that they can't shine for long: RIP Rosie 2004-2016

Old nag

We’re starting to compete again after a bit of a break over Christmas.

Newbie has been away at jumping trainer’s yard to get ready for his first show with us. Popped him down a few classes as it’s been months since his last outing and he only went and won his first class

His lack of fitness caught up with him in the discovery though. He rattled a fair few and one fell near the end of the first phase. Still happy with him - he tried so hard, bless him.

Our other horse Piccolini also placed yesterday - he was 3rd in the CSI2* in Sharjah so a successful day overall.

Today’s been pretty quiet. Worked on keeping the poll high with Raz and started Beau back under saddle after his hock injections. Ellie’s in stroppy teenager mode at the moment so I only did ten minutes under saddle with her and then got off before we got to the ‘I don’t want to move forwards’ stage.

Back at Morris tomorrow with Henry. Had originally planned to move him up to discovery and newcomers but after Friday I think he’ll probably just do another novice and then maybe the discovery if he’s not too tired.

Good luck to everyone out competing.
    My veteran had a home for life

Veteran

Boy did good again today. Not quite as supple and flowing as last week in the same test, but still pulled it out the bag to get 68% and 1st. Did feel a bit like a rosette hunter as it was an intro day for newbies, but I was using it to practice combined training as they also ran a baby clear round. Went really nicely in the sj, managed to work on the stuff we've been trying at home and it felt so much better. Soggy day though so v pleased to be home in the warm now!
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

My LO and I had a nice though slightly traumatic day at dressage......

Here are spooky Connie and I...

New venue for him but he did settle after a while in the warm up, and only one spook in test. More consistent outline too, and we got 63% with highlight being a 7.5 😲😲 for rider..

Son was on his new pony, 12.2 Welsh. First of all son threw a wobble in the warm up when anyone came within 10m of him, thank goodness only two other lovely ladies who really tried to give him a wide berth.

Then when we went through to do the test, just outside A he booted her for spooking at flower pot, and she kicked out/humped and he fell on his bum. Hence much squealing just as we were supposed to be going in.

Got him through the intro A test with a caller though he completely avoided going in any of the corners lol.

Can't get today's pic to copy but heres them last week....

Edit.. Here's today...

I think I'll take him back next week to kill a few demons....

Someone tell me getting kids used to new ponies gets easier......

Fiona
    Last edited by Fiona; 03-02-18 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernster View Post
    Boy did good again today. Not quite as supple and flowing as last week in the same test, but still pulled it out the bag to get 68% and 1st. Did feel a bit like a rosette hunter as it was an intro day for newbies, but I was using it to practice combined training as they also ran a baby clear round. Went really nicely in the sj, managed to work on the stuff we've been trying at home and it felt so much better. Soggy day though so v pleased to be home in the warm now!
    I'd have loved 68 %

Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by iknowmyvalue View Post
    Good luck everyone out and about! I've just come back from a very wet and cold hack, am currently trying to regain feeling in my hands
    On your new share pony? How did it go?

We were forecast heavy showers but thank God they never arrived, it was cold enough without...

Fiona

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    I'd have loved 68 %

Fiona
    He's a little cracker. Even if we don't go as nicely as I know we can, we can still get very decent scores. I did feel a twinge of embarrassment though as I picked up my red rosette next to all the teeny tiny toddlers who also took part. One day we'll play with the grown ups!
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry