Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Weekend plans :) :) :)

3rd time lucky... Indoor driving sunday assuming we don't withdraw due to snow (last 2 snowed off...)

Brought horse back from his winter break today. He looked a bit alarmed when he saw me coming with the saddle but we went for a nice hack and he seemed quite pleased with himself.

I'm lucky with his temperament. I haven't been on him for 2 months and he was as calm as ever. So I'm planning on more hacking over the weekend. I might put him in the box and take him somewhere different.

Am planning on doing a lot of our schooling while hacking this year and spending less time in the arena. He can be a bit lazy so I think varying our routine will pep him up. I suppose the laziness goes along with the calm temperament .
    Last edited by mule; 02-02-18 at 01:38 AM.

Veteran

Good luck all out competing - bet the eventers are getting itchy for March now, I know I am and I'm only an enthusiastic spectator

I have a much needed day off work today and am off to a clinic this afternoon - first tuition I've had since October so I'm very much looking forward to it. Then the rest of the weekend I will be hacking big man and some currently unspecified tatting about with the girls.

Arena hire with XC portables, a ditch and a water splash on Sunday for me. Not sure what to expect from the mare (only been riding her full-time since xmas) but it'll be fun finding out Hoping the weather stays favourable!

Was planning to go to Aintree for indoor show jumping on Sunday but had a very deflating jump lesson in the week where Amber literally pinged me off her over a 70cm fence jumping it like it was over a metre! So I'm too nervous now. And am back to stressing that I am just not a good enough rider yet to get out competing with her.... When it's fine it's fine! But when she gets a bit onward bound it all goes to pot as my position/seat just collapse! So plan is lessons, hacking and maybe the same local show I did last week. And re-reading Sylvia Loch!!!

Much love for the giant this morning.
    Went drainage ditch hopping, had found a really nice wide mile long verge with about 20 ditches , handily in increasing size.
    After a very brief wobble at the first, giant pony got the idea pretty quick and by the end was pricking his ears, locking on and carting me over - even did a bounce of ditches!!

Don’t think it will take too long for his welsh brain to get the idea

Just backed

Sounds like everyone's got a busy weekend ahead! I've eventually got transport again (went for the Kia Sorento after much toying with Pajero/Hilux) so boxing up with a friend and doing some XC training at Epworth - soooo looking forward to this as Sky is starting to feel a little stale in the school now so I'm hoping some jumping out in the open will perk him up a bit!

Sunday we will be hacking both ponies out and Sky will be doing a bit more jumping in the school with the girl who has him on loan seen as I'm stealing him on Saturday!

I do my towing test in the next week as well so from then on we'll be certain to be out at least once each weekend so Sky and his loaner can get some milage in jumping at new venues to get their confidence up

Good luck everyone competing - and have a great time to those training, remember to keep breathing and keep smiling!

Bernster, that is a FAB score! Welll done!!!!
    For everyone competing, good luck!

Schooled Chilli today in her new bit to see if she liked it. I totally mis-read the bit ring measurements and pretty much ended up with a bit that looks like you'd put it in a teeny section a. It's a 'magic snaffle' and I'd never really heard of it before but read about it a little online and was pleased to see it is BD legal! Well, goodness me, it was like riding a different horse! Typically Chilli can be a little inconsistent in the contact and when hot will just bear down on the bit and run through it. She took a few minutes to figure this one out and then went AMAZINGLY. Even when she was hot she stayed light in my hand and a lot more relaxed in her body. She seems to prefer it to the linked eggbutt she had in before. We had amazing travers in canter and even went from K to C in canter and had some travers on the diagonal! With all the work she's been doing recently the goal of HALF PASS seems genuinely possible. Doesn't sound like a big deal at all but for me I'm just so excited as I've never been able to ride like this before. Ahh! It also means that I'm finally at the point where I'm not only at Chilli's level but now able to improve her and teach her new things. So excited for our next lesson! Her canter walk transitions were much improved, too.

Tomorrow I'm going feed shopping with mama and then we're going to do the horses together. She shall learn how to muck out shavings now that Trapper has moved onto them! Sunday I'm working. Boo!

Sorry for the long, gushing post. Far too excited!

Can't wait for her new noseband to arrive (a patent copy of the fairfax performance drop noseband) as I'm not so keen on flashes and think she'll really like it. Now have a laugh at those tiny bit rings!

Veteran

Interesting chilli. Just google it and it looks odd! But hey whatever works even with teeny bit rings ��
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Arghhh! I was going to do a BE115 dressage Sunday, but have a start time unexpectedly early that would mean getting up at crack of dawn to prepare. For a UA RC single dressage test in freezing temperatures, it just isn't worth the effort. Might go and do the farm ride instead.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.