Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran

Default Re: Stallion Ideas - Event Mare

I agree Nic Nav Wuality is a really super exciting horse. But I don't think he'd breed a top level eventer with this mare?

this is a list of the ones currently competing in the UK
    http://www.britisheventing.com/libra...llions2017.pdf

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Always-Riding View Post
    I have an event mare that I am considering breeding from this season. The mare is by Jumbo out of a mare by Revolution (also has Welton Ambassador in the dams line). I'd be looking to breed for eventing.

This is purely in the "ideas" stage, so I'm interested to see which stallions you'd recommend based on her breeding? Ideally I'd like to keep to a British bred stallion.
    Hi you could look at Spring’s Spirit. He is a 9yo British Bred stallion that’s around 75% TB. His young stock are speaking for themselves with the oldest competing last year as a 5yo in British Eventing competed at 9 events, finished in the top 10 seven times and the top 5 five times, qualified for the Mitsubishi Motors Cup at BE90 once and the BE100 twice and the British Eventing Young Horse Championship and has the potential to go a lot further. The young ones are also doing well in hand.

Sport horse

Thanks everyone it's given me a few to look into.

I'm also quite liking Future Gravitas and Champions Dynamo - has anyone any "feedback" on them?

Sport horse

Just make sure you got enough breeding background in the passport to enable it to do age classes.

You could useWeston Justice, there is limited frozen semen available.

Old nag

Do yourself a favour OP get along to Addington in a couple of weeks and have a look in the flesh. It can be quite an eye opener and some just dont compare with the Hype you hear from the owner. If your looking for sound advice Lorna at Elite stallions gives sound impartial advice and knows the ins and outs of all the stallions available to use in the UK she will be there along with Stallion AI who will also be helpful about the stallions they market . Go with a realistic list of your mares shortcomings and what you hope to achieve and maybe a very good photo of her stood up so they can asses her type. It is no good using a uk stallion if it wont suit your mare just for the sake of it. I think more experienced breeders have a tendency to use younger stallions that will pass on what you want but are unproven. Once a stallion becomes proven in eventing hes getting on quite a bit and to be frank genetically already superseded by something younger.

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    Do yourself a favour OP get along to Addington in a couple of weeks and have a look in the flesh. It can be quite an eye opener and some just dont compare with the Hype you hear from the owner. If your looking for sound advice Lorna at Elite stallions gives sound impartial advice and knows the ins and outs of all the stallions available to use in the UK she will be there along with Stallion AI who will also be helpful about the stallions they market . Go with a realistic list of your mares shortcomings and what you hope to achieve and maybe a very good photo of her stood up so they can asses her type. It is no good using a uk stallion if it wont suit your mare just for the sake of it. I think more experienced breeders have a tendency to use younger stallions that will pass on what you want but are unproven. Once a stallion becomes proven in eventing hes getting on quite a bit and to be frank genetically already superseded by something younger.
    Thanks popsdosh - I definitely intend on going to Addington and I'm also considering sending the mare to Lorna so I will give her a call when I have chance