Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Stolen from Caldwell, N Yorks at 1200 yesterday

For those not on FB, another update:

From the ponies original owner:
    A long story short...

The pony was never fully paid for. I went to collect Aria and another pony of mine from Jane and Simon Dobinson in August 2017 as agreed. However, when I arrived this little mare was hidden from me and I returned from Yorkshire with just one pony.

I collected Aria myself on Tuesday and returned the small amount of money paid back to Janes bank account. It’s heartbreaking for Janes little boy as this mare is a true child’s hunting pony and I know she will be sorely missed.

The officer dealing with the case at NYP is satisfied I am Arias owner and has even put the passport (still in my name!) in the post for me.

I am just pleased the matter has been swiftly resolved.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Custard Cream View Post
    For those not on FB, another update:

From the ponies original owner:
    A long story short...

The pony was never fully paid for. I went to collect Aria and another pony of mine from Jane and Simon Dobinson in August 2017 as agreed. However, when I arrived this little mare was hidden from me and I returned from Yorkshire with just one pony.

I collected Aria myself on Tuesday and returned the small amount of money paid back to Janes bank account. It’s heartbreaking for Janes little boy as this mare is a true child’s hunting pony and I know she will be sorely missed.

The officer dealing with the case at NYP is satisfied I am Arias owner and has even put the passport (still in my name!) in the post for me.

I am just pleased the matter has been swiftly resolved.

Thank you CC.

What a very odd story!
    "Don't LET him do that"

Not slacking-multitasking

It's so predictable that there would be more behind it. I was about to say I bet they claim that it wasn't fully paid for. Saying that the police got the 3k back is a very odd claim, I'm surprised they got involved at all and didn't just say it was a civil matter as usual.

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by ester View Post
    It's so predictable that there would be more behind it. I was about to say I bet they claim that it wasn't fully paid for. Saying that the police got the 3k back is a very odd claim, I'm surprised they got involved at all and didn't just say it was a civil matter as usual.
    That rather explains why the new owners were so quick to give the pony up and take the money!!