Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stolen from Caldwell, N Yorks at 1200 yesterday

*******STOLEN********

30th January 2018 from Caldwell, North Yorkshire.

Bay Mare 13hh

Seen by residents around 12.00 being lead away by a blonde lady in a green gilet, and a man in a black cowboy style hat, and long dark coat.
    The pair have been described as looking quite scruffy, and unkept.

*****UPDATE*****

The pony was seen being lead towards Foxberry Chasers, and loaded on to a green trailer.

*****UPDATE******

The pony was loaded on to an old green ifor Williams trailer.
    Pulled by a lilac and silver Isuzu.
    Lots of people have seen this vehicle in the George car park at Piercebridge

Sightings Essex area.
    Police are aware.

Default Re: Stolen from Caldwell, N Yorks at 1200 yesterday

I hope they find the pony.

But for novice owners who think horse thefts are something to be scared of they very rarely happen these days, since passports and chips. And they never happen in broad daylight, with a very identifiable pair of people and an unusual colour car which is known locally. There will almost certainly more to this than we know, like an ownership dispute. Please don't lose sleep worrying about your own horse.
    Last edited by ycbm; 31-01-18 at 07:03 AM.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post
    I hope they find the pony.

But for novice owners who think horse thefts are something to be scared of they very rarely happen these days, since passports and chips. And they never happen in broad daylight, with a very identifiable pair of people and an unusual colour car which is known locally. There will almost certainly more to this than we know, like an ownership dispute. Please don't lose sleep worrying about your own horse.
    Whilst some of your statement is very much the case, this is not an ownership dispute that I know of - it happened in broad daylight and in my local community.

Quote Originally Posted by HeresHoping View Post
    Whilst some of your statement is very much the case, this is not an ownership dispute that I know of - it happened in broad daylight and in my local community.
    Yes I don't mean to suggest that full effort shouldn't be put into sharing this and making the pony too hot to keep. Whatever the situation is it shouldn't have been removed like that, so let's hope social media gets it back to its little person.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

It transpires the Isuzu and trailer have been kicking around these parts for a couple of weeks. So, despite the unusual car colour, it hasn't been difficult to 'blend in'. We're also the home of the Zetland and it's not unusual to see trailers parked up on the sides of the roads at random places. Yesterday was a hunting day.

Veteran

Have they got a FB stolen ad, as that will be easier to spread. I would also keep an eye on Preloved or post on Preloved.

Quote Originally Posted by honetpot View Post
    Have they got a FB stolen ad, as that will be easier to spread. I would also keep an eye on Preloved or post on Preloved.
    It's all over FaceBook - I hope. I was out hacking and saw the Police just leaving so hope there have been some further updates.

The original post has been removed - hoping the pony has been found.

I have to say my initial thought was owner taking back loan pony. Seems a very bizarre thing to do in broad daylight and so recognisable!
    Late to horse riding but making up for lost time!

Veteran

I've just had this come up on facebook. I think it implies that there is more going on than mentioned...

North Yorkshire Police can confirm that a report of a stolen horse from a premises in Caldwell, Richmondshire was received on 30 January 2018.

Officers are looking into the incident, however we would like to reassure local people that the incident is believed to be targeted and that the wider equestrian are not at risk in this instance.

Officers are continuing with their enquiries.