Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Default Re: Horses killed on M4

Quote Originally Posted by OldFogie View Post
    Oops and there's me going on about double checking - and I think I let the damn spellcheck change it! hahah.
    There's something wrong with your spellchecker if it let you put "reccommend"

Excuse me? I amuse you huh? Caution don't watch if you're easily offended! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWINtUCshxY
    Are you intimating that you have mafia connections? should I be scared?

I genuinely admire opinionated people - I am one myself but also very openminded - I can quite easily slip from arguing for something to being against without declaring what I truly believe. Most people do not reveal their true feelings to others in agreement but will quickly challenge something they find objectionable.
    Me too except after many years on the forum it’s often the same people and sometimes I think it puts people off posting and it’s often noted the forum is now slow well maybe that’s one of the reasons - clearly this doesn’t apply to you

Quote Originally Posted by Sussexbythesea View Post
    …….. . Plus this forum is dominated by a handful of opinionated people and ……..
    The worry that this opinionated bod has, is and as you seem to imply, it's so easy to imagine readers with a rather glazed look when reading my diatribes.

I'll admit to becoming rather bored with the sound of my own typed thoughts and imagine that others must feel the same being equally bored with my assertions. I don't post anywhere near as often as I used to, and that's simply because I imagine that others will be as bored with me, as I am - and I am!!!

Alec.

Are you intimating that you have mafia connections? should I be scared?

Me too except after many years on the forum it’s often the same people and sometimes I think it puts people off posting and it’s often noted the forum is now slow well maybe that’s one of the reasons - clearly this doesn’t apply to you
    I would say this, wouldn't I ? But I'm not sure that's true. This forum was wild and nasty back ten years ago when I first joined to promote Spinal Research, yet it had thousands of members. The most we get online now is a few thousand viewers and a couple of hundred members. Yet in 2013 the record was set at over 23,000 viewing at the same time. Just before my reincarnation as this login in 2015, I was torn to absolute shreds on a libellous, lying thread that I had to force the forum administrators to delete by appealing to a Director level person. At one point I was barred from posting (for having two logins, which is not even against the forum rules!) while members were being allowed to post more lies about me that I had no way of correcting. At the time that debacle started there were 4,800 active members and in the following month it reduced to 2,200 members, the rest presumably appalled by what they saw happen, and has never recovered its previous levels.

But it has increased in numbers since that time, while posting by prolific posters like me has probably reduced rather than increased because less is going on to comment on and quite a few have left altogether.
    Last edited by ycbm; 30-01-18 at 03:57 PM.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Rowreach View Post
    There's something wrong with your spellchecker if it let you put "reccommend"
    Ah, that's one of my favourite "deliberate" mistakes - my spellchecker switches on and off to suit itself! I have several machines plugged in down here in my office and they spend more time talking to Bill Gates & Co than listening to me!!! I can see the drive light flashing away on one now!

Schoolmaster

Are you intimating that you have mafia connections?
    No not the Goodfellas kind but I did build a house for one of the local Bosses - funnily enough ( and if you doubt me ask any builder ) up to last year, his was the only fully paid up account in my life a sort of honest crook. I grew up on an estate where it was quite natural to progress from petty crime up through the ranks of young hoods to be not far short of Richie & Co - I also grew quick so there is the added pressure of "let me fix him for you Boss." While still in those circles I witnessed a couple of occassions when some member of the group would be picked on just like the film ...... but NOT so funny!

....the forum is now slow well maybe that’s one of the reasons - clearly this doesn’t apply to you.
    For the moment I'm giving my Conspiracy friends a miss - you can only repeat yourself so many times!

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ycbm View Post
    ......... and has never recovered its previous levels.
    Isn't that pretty common for on-line stuff? Even real world restaurants have to keep changing their menu to keep the till ringing and webfolk seem far more fickle - I used to contribute to a general current affairs site that had millions of hits but has since disappeared. 911 spawned literally hundreds of weird but interesting sites, again millions of hits and thousands of member posters - most have gone. Once that ad ticker reaches the point where the administrators have to dip in their pockets - plug pulled.

Isn't that pretty common for on-line stuff? Even real world restaurants have to keep changing their menu to keep the till ringing and webfolk seem far more fickle - I used to contribute to a general current affairs site that had millions of hits but has since disappeared.
    Exactly the point I was making OF. That prolific posters, even opinionated ones like you and I, are unlikely to be responsible for the decline in posting on the forum.
    Small Print: The view expressed in this post is my own. You should take no action on any opinion given without verifying the facts for yourself. Like all humans,I can be wrong. Polite correction is welcomed.