Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Bryony Frost

Default Re: Bryony Frost

Another big win for Bryony and Black Corton. She rode a very tactically astute race and she sits quietly and let's them jump for her. Impressed. I think they are a fair price for the RSA.

Veteran

what a fab ride, she is a joy to watch, such a sympathetic rider , the horse is a cracker and they seem have have a good partnership...

Veteran

Just love watching her ride!

Old nag

They were amazing. I don't bet but may just have a fiver on BC for the RSA so I can shout even louder.

Wasn't Cue Card fantastic, too? Belied his age and jumped like a buck.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Old nag

I have to say I am getting annoyed at the media all going on about Cue Card - coming 2nd! He was beaten fair and square by a very promising young horse who is now trained by Ruth who laid her father to rest just 24 hours before the race. The Jefferson's are a Northern racing family through and through and they have kept going as well as ever despite a very hard few weeks for them where it would have been easier to pull the plug and have some quiet time for a month or so.

Veteran

They did say a lot about the Jeffersons EKW also at the beginning of the programme. Alice went on about ‘wonderful ‘ Cue Card then Mick Fitz talked about the Jeffersons and said there would not be a dry eye in the house if their horse won.
    Cue Card over the years has been many people’s favourite although for some reason never mine. I am not that keen on Paddy Brennan, perhaps that’s why!

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Chiffy View Post
    They did say a lot about the Jeffersons EKW also at the beginning of the programme. Alice went on about ‘wonderful ‘ Cue Card then Mick Fitz talked about the Jeffersons and said there would not be a dry eye in the house if their horse won.
    Cue Card over the years has been many people’s favourite although for some reason never mine. I am not that keen on Paddy Brennan, perhaps that’s why!
    Agree with this. I do hope they don't run him in the GC though - such an honest horse, why would he manage it at his age when he hasn't the last two times?
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

I am surprised at myself.....but I rather hope he does run in the Gold Cup! I think getting taken off him was the best thing that ever happened in regards to Paddy Brennan, because he rode him so beautifully and positively on Saturday. I'd love him to just get round - and who knows, it's a wide open race isn't it? He's won there before! (and after Cheltenham I hope they retire him. One less racehorse to stress about!)