Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Bryony Frost

Default Re: Bryony Frost

Wonderful to watch - again.

What a ride, what a race. Success breeds success, we all know that, but she has a level of ability and talent on display which is heartening!

What a good girl!

Alec.

Veteran

what a brilliant ride, ruby was very complementary as well and he should know what he is talking about. well done bryony and lizzie too!!!!!

Good day for the girls.

Veteran

she is a very neat,tidy and balanced rider who does not unbalance the horse in the latter stages of the race, and maintains her body position up to the finishing line

Old nag

I have an extemely vague and distant connection to the owner of Present Man. His brother-in-law said Bryony just rides round the course as though she is enjoying a days hunting, so the horses love it and go really well for her.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Swan View Post
    What a ride, what a race. Success breeds success, we all know that, but she has a level of ability and talent on display which is heartening!

What a good girl!

Alec.
    But Alec, you don't even think she should be out there! She should be at home knitting, or similar.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    I have an extemely vague and distant connection to the owner of Present Man. His brother-in-law said Bryony just rides round the course as though she is enjoying a days hunting, so the horses love it and go really well for her.
    Present Man is such a lovely horse. Very easy to do, with a very kind gentle nature. Love him!
    Equally, i'll admire Bryony's riding for the rest of my days. There is something special about her.

She rode another smart race today sitting quietly and then producing her horse after the last hurdle. Very professional.

I think there is proof somewhere that women can endure pain and have higher pain thresholds than men (due to having to endure child birth) so as regards the injury agrument I think she will do just as well as any males jockeys. I know a LOT of jockeys that are male andh avehad a bad injury and not gone back to racing. Think its a statistics thing, there are obviously more men than women so you will see more men going back after injury etc etc....
    Also as EKW said the sexism is still soooo common in racing that a lot of female jockeys will get sick of it and do something else. Then there is the whole maternity thing.

Also poor Norway.... I like Norway.
    .... Vikings had both male and female warriors... maybe its not such a cultural shock to see women fighting?