Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryony Frost

Default Bryony Frost

When watching the race I thought that the jockey was making a good job, before I knew it was Bryony. The horse jumped really well.

Nice win.

Default Re: Bryony Frost

Success breeds further success as we know and as she succeeds and as she instills confidence in owners and trainers, so the better the rides that she will attract. She's mentored as are other young jockeys by Mick Fitzgerald (what an all-round excellent man he is), and so it only remains to be seen if she maintains the unrelenting punishment which jump-jockeys visit upon themselves.

As Bryony's experience increases, along with her confidence and as she rides in ever more competitive races so there are going to be the falls and the inevitable injuries — her mother must be worried sick. Jump racing really isn't a job for girls, no matter how we may applaud her grit and her determination. Will her level of skill and focus carry her through the incidents of broken bones and hospitalisation? I very much doubt it …….. though in the meantime, with my heart in my mouth as I watch, I do sooo wish her well!

Alec.

Old nag

Alec don't be so sexist!! At least she shouldn't have to starve herself to do 10 stone.
    I love watching her ride, and listening to her speak she is always so full of the horse, when she was talking about Black Corton and how she said 'Come on Blackie' to him. LOve her!
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    Alec don't be so sexist!! ……..
    I'm not being sexist. I'm focussed on the reality of being a jump jockey. The question doesn't focus around her determination and her grit as I've already said, the question is if she can cope with the inevitable falls and the certain injuries.

Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Swan View Post
    I'm not being sexist. I'm focussed on the reality of being a jump jockey. The question doesn't focus around her determination and her grit as I've already said, the question is if she can cope with the inevitable falls and the certain injuries.

Alec.
    I don't think success as a jump jockey has anything to do with gender Alec, I think it's to do with how totally nuts you are, and there are clearly more men who are nuts than women

Old nag

Alec.
    Its in her breeding!! Her mothers used to the worry!

Veteran

Alec.
    I don't see why she would be less able to cope with the falls and injuries than the men?
    O difícil está feito, e o impossível só leva mais tempo - Salgueiro Maia, 25 de Abril 1974

Trust me, she is as tough as they come and more determined than ever. It's a race/competition to see who will get to ride in the national first (or beat each other in the national!) between her and Harry Cobden who is equally talented. I love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowreach View Post
    I don't think success as a jump jockey has anything to do with gender Alec, I think it's to do with how totally nuts you are, and there are clearly more men who are nuts than women
    I'm not too sure whether I should give that a 'Like', or not! I don't even care for quoting you, much!!

Alec.

[edit] …….. an' another thing, I've known some women in my time, several who were nuts, some majored in lunacy, so I'm not sure that being mentally unbalanced has anything to do with it — STET and back to my original thoughts!
    Last edited by Alec Swan; 14-01-18 at 05:54 PM.

I'm not too sure whether I should give that a 'Like', or not! I don't even care for quoting you, much!!

Alec.

[edit] …….. an' another thing, I've known some women in my time, several who were nuts, some majored in lunacy, so I'm not sure that being mentally unbalanced has anything to do with it — STET and back to my original thoughts!
    Come to think of it, I may have met some of them too