Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Weekend plans

Veteran

Default Re: Weekend plans

Not sure how to post vids so you'll just have to take my word for it that we whizzed around course hire nicely and both me and horse felt a lot more confident about things. Whoop.
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Just wanted to check back in and thank you for the well wishes.
    Yesterday was pretty dire as associated whiplash pain kicked in and I felt awful. Toddled off to the quacks this morning (and cried on him, poor fella)! But he kindly gave me some naproxen for the pain and signed me off for a week to regroup my remaining brain cells. So feeling more human now, but one of the worst falls I have had for a while. Let's hope that's my quota done for a while, I am much too old for dirt eating malarkey xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Bernster View Post
    Not sure how to post vids so you'll just have to take my word for it that we whizzed around course hire nicely and both me and horse felt a lot more confident about things. Whoop.
    I've seen the vids and confirm it all looks terrific

Youngster

Were doing our first ever local jumping competition and Im already nervous. Its only 50cm and weve jumped higher then that at home but its all fairly new to us.

Quote Originally Posted by spugs View Post
    We’re doing our first ever local jumping competition and I’m already nervous. It’s only 50cm and we’ve jumped higher then that at home but it’s all fairly new to us.
    Good luck! I'm sure you are going to be fine.

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    Just wanted to check back in and thank you for the well wishes.
    Yesterday was pretty dire as associated whiplash pain kicked in and I felt awful. Toddled off to the quacks this morning (and cried on him, poor fella)! But he kindly gave me some naproxen for the pain and signed me off for a week to regroup my remaining brain cells. So feeling more human now, but one of the worst falls I have had for a while. Let's hope that's my quota done for a while, I am much too old for dirt eating malarkey xxx
    It's good that your taking the week off to rest. I'm sure that's your quota of falls done for a good few years!

Glad to hear you're on the mend, bl - sending quick-recovery vibes.

Kira's lesson was bumped a day so we headed over today, really good fun session - I just love her to bits, she's trying so hard and got lots of good feedback that the improvements I am feeling day by day really *are* there, I'm not imagining it! Good work on the half steps which are starting to develop a decent rhythm, and the little piris that we discovered last week are good enough to press on with - so nearly there! Forgot how to ride in the tempis but that's just a blip Eyeing up a show at the beginning of feb to try out A105 which will be a good diagnostic

*waves* to jiffy, hope you had a good ride

Old nag

Had a good flat/pole lesson with a new-ish trainer (had one lesson with her about six years ago) Monday night, which made up for our disappointing show results at the weekend - managed to persuade Beau that he *can* do changes and stay round/soft while doing them. Got 5 nice clean changes in a row the next day so ended our session there before I could ruin it...

Have booked in for a jumping lesson with her the next time shes over using my arena so were prepared for the training show and cat 2 show Ive got pencilled in for the beginning of February
    My veteran had a home for life

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JFTD View Post
    I've seen the vids and confirm it all looks terrific
    Bless ya, thanks.

Buddylove, really hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself!
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

MP - it was great to meet you, albeit briefly! Loved our lesson, I wish Adam was closer. Only two weeks until I’m back there with Pocholo though!

BL - good to hear you’ve got a week off, take it easy!

BM - good to hear you’re jumping again soon, you’ve been doing a bit to well on the dressage front and been putting us divas to shame .

Bernster - I believe you! Well done