Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend plans

Default Re: Weekend plans

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableAlice View Post
    Dim Tim is doing 2 long arena prelims, where he will find the energy from is anyone's guess, I may have to rush in with a can of Red Bull and a banana.
    https://www.myshowsecretary.co.uk/my....aspx?e=250487

A 66% and a 65% for Timmy's first try in the long arena in very poorly supported classes. Just 3 and then 5, where is everyone !

I didn't go and am very grateful for a friend stepping in. I had dental surgery on Tuesday and still feel a bit delicate ! Apparently he was a very good boy and acted way beyond his 4 years. Lovely comments and the judge picked up on his walk which will be scoring a 10 when he is grown up, it is phenomenal.

No action shots but a great time a cob school Frankie was a star as always. Really need to up my fitness if I want to do some of the qualifiers this year- it was shockingly embarrassing!

Very pink matchy there, RO!

Quote Originally Posted by j1ffy View Post
    And yes the boots will definitely make an appearance for the Ele tests! Sadly not for the CT as thereís no way I can jump in them. They force me to keep my legs long, Iím discovering muscles I didnít know I had (and a few bad habits that I knew I had and am now having to fix..!).
    I fear your boots are very different from mine, which as you can see, are filthy in that photo (although at least not held together with bandage tape like the rider in the background ). What are these pain inflicting beasts anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by rara007 View Post
    No action shots but a great time a cob school Frankie was a star as always. Really need to up my fitness if I want to do some of the qualifiers this year- it was shockingly embarrassing!
    He's a smart chap I sympathise on the fitness thing. I am attempting the running thing again. It's painful and unpleasant, but it's got to help, right?

Iíve always taken it for granted that whilst not a marathon runner Iíve always been young and fit enough to do anything I wanted to do. Until now. Heís quite responsive but hip splittingly wide and needs quite a bit of riding to ensure he stays off the forehand. It really isnít his fault Iím just like MrBlobby after 10min of trot! Itís a whole body experience unlike my comparatively sharp little guys. Going to try to ride Frankie atleast once a week for a good hour... I really need this blinking darkness to lift before running as Iíd need to take the dog and thatíd be a bit lethal in the dark Has it even got light in the last few weeks?!

I understand that - schooling Fergs was always a whole new level of work out (mostly because we were always pushing for as much out of his paces as he could give - he's easy to work if you don't do that ). I run in the dark with the dog, but mine's loose and, other than nipping at my heels because I'm too slow (damn collie!) it's alright. But running with leaded dogs is a pig in the dark - and it's gone from dark to grey back to dark again for weeks

Not slacking-multitasking

I'll bring my kettlebells over

Met owner of potential share pony, she is lovely and just grateful for any help! So I now have a very sweet pony who I'm going to be riding 2-3 times a week (maybe more) to help bring him back into work and give him something to do. His name is Sebastian and he's a 14hh New Forest. Looking forward to getting out and about on the Wirral !ay, which has a beautiful bridlepath that I have been absolutely dying to use since I moved here!

Old nag

M went to oudoor arena eventing yesterday with her young jockey on a very cold day. I didn't manage to go along to spectate, but heard reports back later from a delighted jockey. They came 2nd in a class of over 50 in the BE90, 0.5 sec outside the optimum time.

Maybe I should stay home more often !

Just backed

Currently freezing the proverbials off at showjumping. Everyone has crawled out the woodwork, huge classes so resigned myself to an hour in the gallery watching. Horse is tucked up in a spare loose box.

Stay warm people!