Default Quality Unaffiliated Jumping Venues BSJA Expensive

Could really do with some suggestions and see if others feel the same. I'm looking for good quality Unaffiliated Jumping venues in Kent, Sussex and Essex. BSJA is working out too expensive and I feel like their Bronze and Silver leagues are inaccessible for the average rider competing twice a month which is enough for most horses. Also keen to know if anyone knows of venues that go above 1 meter Unaffiliated?

Veteran

Default Re: Quality Unaffiliated Jumping Venues BSJA Expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Girl on Fire View Post
    Could really do with some suggestions and see if others feel the same. I'm looking for good quality Unaffiliated Jumping venues in Kent, Sussex and Essex. BSJA is working out too expensive and I feel like their Bronze and Silver leagues are inaccessible for the average rider competing twice a month which is enough for most horses. Also keen to know if anyone knows of venues that go above 1 meter Unaffiliated?
    You might be better off in regionals page, or local Facebook groups. Finding good local venues is a challenge that's for sure! There are some above 1m in my area (south east but oenrside of the m25 to you) but not that many that I know of.
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Most of the venues that run aff will run unaff but with fewer dates, have a look at the websites for your normal venues and see what they run. I know Coombelands, Petley Wood, Duckhurst and Felbridge all run unaff but none over 1m.

Old nag

Echo that - it is difficult but not impossible to find unaffiliated over 1m. Just look at your regular affiliated venues - most run unaffiliated classes as well. Pony Club Dengie winter series also has classes to 1.15 but not all clubs host them. You don't need to be a PC member to compete.

That, look at the affiliated venues & they're the ones that do bigger unaff.

Slightly different note but don't forget that it's not actually relevant how often you get out for the Bronze and Silver Leagues. Yes it is possible to qualify for the bronze & silver leagues directly on points, and to do that you'd need to go out every weekend, but most people target direct qualifiers for the semi finals. You can try up to four of these and the top three finishers qualify directly, in that one single outing.

There's also British Novice, Discovery, Newcomers etc, where you only need to get out four double clears in a year.
    Then there's the Scope, Blue Chip and National Amateurs, Winter Novice (Hickstead) etc. all big championship shows that you can qualify for in a single outing.
    Nothing is difficult because the steps are so small

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!

For Essex look at Brook Farm, Codham Park and Finchingfield. Also if places run trailblazers qualifiers that goes up to 1.10m I think.

Thanks for this advice! Really useful. I find the BSJA website really confusing regarding qualifiers so that's all news to me! x