Default Omg ! Just entered my first freestyle !!

Now fretting as I really haven't a clue what I'm doing. Obviously I have my floorplan and music, but haven't yet practiced - hoping to next weekend. I'm afraid that I'll end up in front or behind my music and won't realise till i come to a transition. Haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing ?????

Default Re: Omg ! Just entered my first freestyle !!

It'll be fine try and get a run through and that'll settle your nerves. I love riding to music... sadly kira doesn't share my enthusiasm :/

Eta some venues can have incredibly loud speakers so if you can do some desensitization that could be a good move. Kira is frightened of her own music

Quote Originally Posted by milliepops View Post
    It'll be fine try and get a run through and that'll settle your nerves. I love riding to music... sadly kira doesn't share my enthusiasm :/

Eta some venues can have incredibly loud speakers so if you can do some desensitization that could be a good move. Kira is frightened of her own music
    Omg I hadn't even considered that !!

If you can, get yourself one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supersun-We...+wrist+speaker

makes it really easy to run through your music or just desensitize the horse to loud music whilst you are riding!

I use mine loads even when not practicing FSM - just nice to ride to music

Good luck you'll be fine - really learn your music so you'll know if you are ahead/ behind and can 'freestyle' to get yourself back on track. Remember the judge doesn't know what you are 'supposed' to be doing so you do have an element of flexibility!
    www.facebook.com/SeckerEventing/
    www.ramblingaboutruby.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeannePip View Post
    If you can, get yourself one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supersun-We...+wrist+speaker

makes it really easy to run through your music or just desensitize the horse to loud music whilst you are riding!

I use mine loads even when not practicing FSM - just nice to ride to music

Good luck you'll be fine - really learn your music so you'll know if you are ahead/ behind and can 'freestyle' to get yourself back on track. Remember the judge doesn't know what you are 'supposed' to be doing so you do have an element of flexibility!
    I was a good girl last year and Father Christmas gave me one for Christmas. Wonder if I ask him nicely he'll ride my test for me too 😮

Ooh you're one step ahead already!
    You'll be fine, practice as much as you can and learn your music inside out so you don't panic if you suddenly have more music than routine!
    www.facebook.com/SeckerEventing/
    www.ramblingaboutruby.weebly.com

Freestyle is so much fun! You'll have a brilliant time, I love doing music, best advce I can give you is to listen to your music until your ears fall off. I dont have the right size arena at home to run through tests, so I just listen to my music a LOT, and it works well, then you can make sure your transitions are in time with the music. Enjoy yourself!
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/larkfielddressage[url]

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by daffy44 View Post
    Freestyle is so much fun! You'll have a brilliant time, I love doing music, best advce I can give you is to listen to your music until your ears fall off. I dont have the right size arena at home to run through tests, so I just listen to my music a LOT, and it works well, then you can make sure your transitions are in time with the music. Enjoy yourself!
    Absolutely this.

You will have great fun, it has always been my favorite class. Don't forget to get it video'd. Good Luck.