Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RiP Edvardo.

Default Re: RiP Edvardo.

Sounds like a non displaced fracture from the initial fall displaced .
    Very sad poor horse .

Quote Originally Posted by mypegasus View Post
    It was a bizarre incident.

Could it have been that he fractured his neck in the original fall - but it wasn't displaced so didn't damage his spinal cord. Then when he was galloping along it suffered a displacement and killed him?

……...
    I agree with you, and as others have also said. It would seem that following the fall where the damage was incomplete, further exertion finalised the injury, and that would seem the most likely explanation.

Alec.

Sport horse

I watched the replay this morning and it is difficult to see what actually happened as he was obscured by other horses. What I did notice was that he didn't actually come down with a rotational fall, more badly interfered with, he could have been bashed by the other faller. The reins were hanging loose and his head was getting lower. Perhaps trainers should run horses in Irish martingales more often, you rarely see them now.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Honeylight View Post
    I watched the replay this morning and it is difficult to see what actually happened as he was obscured by other horses. What I did notice was that he didn't actually come down with a rotational fall, more badly interfered with, he could have been bashed by the other faller. The reins were hanging loose and his head was getting lower. Perhaps trainers should run horses in Irish martingales more often, you rarely see them now.
    Every jumps trainer I know runs with Irish martingales. I can't speak for flat trainers. But an Irish won't do you any good if the reins are over the head.

If thinking along the lines of the reins bringing him down fatally, then people might consider some sort of quick release by the buckle? Just a thought.
    Sad, but I do suspect his neck was displaced after the previous fall at the first flight. He wouldn't have known, bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeylight View Post
    I watched the replay this morning …….. .
    Could you head me towards the system whereby I can see it again? I'd be grateful.

Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec Swan View Post
    Could you head me towards the system whereby I can see it again? I'd be grateful.

Alec.
    I go to http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/ some meetings it doesn't show, but Wincanton it does.

Usually leather reins break if a horse steps on them, sometimes just snap or the buckle breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangehorse View Post
    Usually leather reins break if a horse steps on them, sometimes just snap or the buckle breaks.
    Sadly they didn't this time. Those on course and adjacent incident are saying he got tangled up and turned over.

Poor horse.