Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might Bite

Sport horse

Default Re: Might Bite

Quote Originally Posted by bonny View Post
    I was underwhelmed by Might Bite and it's hard to make a case for him beating Sizing John based on his performance yesterday. Double shuffle and tea for two were too close and closing at the line, I think we still don't have a top 3 miler this side of the Irish Sea. thistlecrack just isn't the horse he was and Bristol de Mai appears to need soft/heavy ground as was expected.

That more or less summed it up for me too. Might Bite is undoubtedly talented, and perhaps we haven't seen the best of him yet, but he also seems to be a bit quirky. Bristol de Mai went out like a light, and I can't decide whether to give the benefit of the doubt to, as I don't think the going was that against him, so perhaps the race did just come too quickly for him. Thistlecrack is still in the early stages of a comeback, but I fear we've seen the best of him. On the strength of this race, I don't think the Irish raiders have anything to fear

Might Bite did what he needed to do but he hardly set the place on fire; I would agree that Sizing John is a worthy favourite for the Gold cup based on what we've seen so far.
    I think Buveur D'Air vs Faugheen in the Champion Hurdle is potentially looking more appealing than Might Bite vs Sizing John at this stage.

Might Bite didn't beat the others by much, I know the jockey said he was idling, but Double Shuffle nearly caught him. Very little was said about him, yet he was 50-1. As for the Gold Cup, well as everyone knows Cheltenham is a lot different to Kempton.

Thistlecrack would have been closer except for that blunder, was it 2 out, so I wouldn't entirely rule him out for the future.

But Might Bite is a looker - presumably his name suits him!

Old nag

Sizing John didn't live up to the hype today and was soundly beaten in the Christmas Chase at Leopardstown.

Surely this now throws the whole Gold Cup field up in the air!?!

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by EKW View Post
    Sizing John didn't live up to the hype today and was soundly beaten in the Christmas Chase at Leopardstown.

Surely this now throws the whole Gold Cup field up in the air!?!
    Was he!? Wow! I can't believe I forgot to set up 415 to record.
    Might Bite will win (all crossed) he was just playing on Boxing Day.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...