Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might Bite

Veteran

Default Might Bite

Quite surprised no one has commented on the King George.

Might Bite was faultless but always keeps us on the edge of our seats. Sad to see some other stars rather far behind though.

Old nag

Default Re: Might Bite

I was disappointed in Bristol De Mai. He folded much quicker than you would have expected him to.

Thistle crack had no excuses he just simply wasn't good enough.

Might Bite is a lovely horse to look forward too.

Old nag

Chiffy, I was going to start a thread and got distracted! I love Might Bite, such a handsome horse and so aware of his greatness. :-)
    Bristol de Mai was disappointing, Barry Geraghty said he felt it would happen too quickly for him and I suppose that was the problem.
    Thistlecrack was just unexciting!
    Would love to see Might Bite v Sizing John at Cheltenham. Mind you I was looking forward to Altior v Douvan, let's hope these two make it safe and sound.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Was lucky enough to be there - Might Bite so on his toes in the paddock, looked absolutely fabulous. Hopefully Thistlecrack will shine again. Very impressive run by Double Shuffle.

Veteran

I was underwhelmed by Might Bite and it's hard to make a case for him beating Sizing John based on his performance yesterday. Double shuffle and tea for two were too close and closing at the line, I think we still don't have a top 3 miler this side of the Irish Sea. thistlecrack just isn't the horse he was and Bristol de Mai appears to need soft/heavy ground as was expected.

Old nag

I can see bristol de mai being a national horse in a few years time.

Old nag

Totally honest in forty years thats about the most uninspiring King Georges I have seen .Might bite possibly didnt like the going however that was nothing on 12 months previous even though he fell then.
    My hilight seeing Bryony Frost win the Kauto star on the little black fighter such a thoughtful ride letting him free wheel up to the final bend. Kempton is a very tricky course for chasers due to a high cruising speed and many get caught out over the last three fences there although they are a little more foregiving than a few years back.
    Last edited by popsdosh; 27-12-17 at 11:27 AM.

I love Might Bite, win or lose, I just wanted him and all at the others around safely. Great days racing from kempton.

I had a nice win due to Might Bite ��
    He is so handsome and I love that he is quirky.
    Double Shuffle was impressive and if it had been a bit longer, he probably would have pipped him.
    Very pleased for Bryony Frost too, loved seeing how appreciative she was of her little horse too.

It was one of the worst KGs for a long time, but Might Bite could only beat what's in front of him and he did that in a workman like fashion. I don't think Sizing John has anything to worry about there. He is however a striking looking horse and as always with Nickys horses beautifully turned out.