Schoolmaster

Default Dressage tomorrow. Force 6 gale. Should I bother?

It's only unaffiliated and supposed to be a confidence building exercise after a bumpy couple of months. However, good old weather has really let us down. -1 temps, wind 29 mph with gusts of 54mph !! Force 6 on the Beaufort scale !! It's indoors which to some extent is worse - it's going to be seriously rattling and shaking. My gut feeling is stay home and wait for another day with better weather conditions. I've never not turned up before, but gut feeling says stay home and babysit my 80 yr old roof !! ???

Veteran

Default Re: Dressage tomorrow. Force 6 gale. Should I bother?

If it's that bad they may cancel anyway.

I've just cancelled an RC day due to snow and predicted minus temps tonight. No point people trying to even get there.

Nope I definitely wouldn’t bother like Britestar has said, they’ll probably cancel anyway, most of the events around us are cancelled tomorrow

No. Put your lovely and precious horse in a safe place for the day and plan your next outing.

Nope, there's always another day, why risk it?

Old nag

I can't see much confidence being built, under those circumstances! I would stay at home anyway but I doubt that many venues will be going ahead tomorrow with the widespread atrocious conditions which are forecast.
    "Don't LET him do that"

Doesn't sound like fun or confidence building- stay at home and be safe. There's always another day.

Schoolmaster

So disappointed but looks like a duvet day tomorrow. Wind gone up to 30 mph with 55 mph gusts. That's jolly windy ! Gutted, but as you've all said, there will be plenty more (just wanted to end the year on a good note)