Default overnight stabling at Vale View?

Thinking ahead for Native Champs next week, has anyone stabled overnight at Vale View for a show? I've been told it'll be temp stables, so just working out what I need to take with me/what it will be like etc. Anyone know if they are on grass or hardstanding etc, been told I will only get one bale of bedding even though I'm paying for 2 nights

Haven't ever been there as quite far our of our area so any other pointers about the venue would be appreciated

Kira has stabled away before but in permanent stabling, though not anticipating a problem

Default Re: overnight stabling at Vale View?

I've only been once but when I stayed the stabling was permenant, indoor American barn type. A bit shabby but perfectly fine.

ah they told me at time of booking it would be temp stabling 48 per night! I know it costs them a lot to have the temp stables so I'm not moaning at the venue but it's becoming an expensive trip

Just backed

oo that's interesting. am toying with the idea of going to the TB champs there but would need to stable for at least one night if not two. would be my first ever stay away show so not too sure. plus we wouldn't stand a chance of actually being in contention for anything so leaning towards not going, but would be interested in hearing what it is like.

Sport horse

we stayed at vale view in permanent stables. they were a bit shabby and the space between the stables was tight but we managed. I think we had a choice of straw or shavings. can't remember the cost. my boy spent most of time calling for me. he thought he had been kidnapped. he is never very settled anywhere new so it was a bit tricky

Could you find a yard nearby where you could rent a cheaper (and nicer!) stable? I think there are websites where you can request them, have a look on #twrttereventing as it's been mentioned on there a few times.

48 is more than I'd want to pay for an overnight! I get the costs but so many venues have permanent these days that it seems extortionate compared to other places. I'm paying 25 for an overnight at Bicton for the Area semi-finals.

Quote Originally Posted by j1ffy View Post
    Could you find a yard nearby where you could rent a cheaper (and nicer!) stable? I think there are websites where you can request them, have a look on #twrttereventing as it's been mentioned on there a few times.

48 is more than I'd want to pay for an overnight! I get the costs but so many venues have permanent these days that it seems extortionate compared to other places. I'm paying 25 for an overnight at Bicton for the Area semi-finals.
    unfortunately it's already booked! Looks like I'm going to be really late on tuesday night now as work has thrown a spanner in the works, boo! Was 30 for permanent at Beacons last month, full bed included

Used a temp stable there last year as a day stable. Seemed quite small but imagine the same as anywhere. Hadn't been cleaned out but that not really the venue fault.